• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Weather Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamn

Yeah the 07.52 was sitting thee ready to go but only as far as Edinburgh. I dunno how many London passengers use it anyway. Let's hope no probs with virgin accepting tickets.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

shedman

You did better than me, thanks! I'm curious to the route if it was diverted via Leeds though, especially from Tebay!

PhilipW

The train that caught fire was the 17:20 Birmingham to Glasgow service consisting of a pair of Voyagers with the fire breaking out in the leading Voyager.

I ahve no information of the route it took from Birmingham to Lockerbie where the fire took place.

rail-britain

Established Member
17:20 Birmingham to Glasgow service consisting of a pair of Voyagers with the fire breaking out in the leading Voyager
The confusion with Leeds is that it went via S&C, after a slight delay(27 minutes) at Preston as decision on whether to route via Cumbria Coast or S&C

rail-britain

Established Member
Let's hope no probs with virgin accepting tickets.
There won't be any problems with the ticket
However, the last two Glasgow - Euston services have been cancelled
The 09:40 is going to be wedged, and probably everything thereafter...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Looks like it was the 18:40 Glasgow to Euston
Looks like it eventually did make it back to Carlisle
57314 was attached, and that is where things seemed to go wrong
Has anyone seen 57314 in Preston since?

marks87

Established Member
1M11 2340 Glasgow Central to Euston sleeper arrived into Preston platform 3 at 0621 (194 minutes late) having travelled via the S & C. 66110 hauling 90024 (DIT). 90020 hauling 1S26 2350 Euston to Glasgow Central arrived in Preston platform 4 at 0332 (six early) and was still there when 1M11 arrived.
Forgive my ignorance, but how is ETS supplied when a 66 drags?

Incidentally, 1M11 is currently scheduled to get into Euston at 11.05, 262 down. Ouch...

Yeah the 07.52 was sitting thee ready to go but only as far as Edinburgh.
Looking at the timetable, will the 10.30, 12.30 and 17.30 "shuttle" services from Edinburgh to Berwick be formed of the incoming HSTs from Aberdeen (10.25, 12,25 and 17.25 respectively)? If so, why not just advertise it as a through service from Aberdeen-Berwick?

williamn

There won't be any problems with the ticket
However, the last two Glasgow - Euston services have been cancelled
The 09:40 is going to be wedged, and probably everything thereafter...

Looks like it eventually did make it back to Carlisle
57314 was attached, and that is where things seemed to go wrong
Has anyone seen 57314 in Preston since?

Am dreading it, esp with Mum in tow! Ay clue if first is declassified? We have EC first tickets. A Birmingham train may be a better bet for a seat?

Looking at the timetable, will the 10.30, 12.30 and 17.30 "shuttle" services from Edinburgh to Berwick be formed of the incoming HSTs from Aberdeen (10.25, 12,25 and 17.25 respectively)? If so, why not just advertise it as a through service from Aberdeen-Berwick?

Unlikley, they will terminate and head back to Aberdeen, there were 3 mark 4/ 91 sets north of the landslip yesterday so i imagine they will be used.

StrollerEd

Lynn Corrigan ‏@lynncorrigan

Just received an ad from East Coast offering 25% off your journey, i.e. the train stops at Newcastle

Aldaniti

I think the BBC got confused (or didn't check the facts) and gave the impression that the incidents involving the 11.30 Euston - Glasgow and the 17.20 Birmingham - Glasgow were the same. The Euston - Glasgow service was simply delayed for some time south of the obstruction which allowed the BBC to come up with the unbearable conditions and crying babies story. The Birmingham - Glasgow eventually arrived at Glasgow Central 327 late at 02.44.

flymo

Established Member
The remnants of Tropical Storm Debby will be making their way across the Atlantic during next week so a lot of wet and windy weather may well be on the way again unfortunately..

marks87

Established Member
ScotRail have posted this picture of the WHL derailment on their Facebook page:

559175_457201197637262_40163118_n.jpg

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I've merged two threads together which seem to cover similar topics.

General Zod

When was the landslip between Arrochar and Ardlui on the Glasgow-Oban line first reported ? Any more news on that particular incident ?

The Planner

Veteran Member
Couple more pics attached of 6S45, no idea if these are around elsewhere.

Attachments

• 6S451.jpg
    6S451.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 6S452.jpg
    6S452.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 6S453.jpg
    6S453.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 144

sprinterguy

Established Member
Forgive my ignorance, but how is ETS supplied when a 66 drags?

Incidentally, 1M11 is currently scheduled to get into Euston at 11.05, 262 down. Ouch...
Out of curiosity then, what was the sleeper stock that was sat in the platform at Euston at 08:45 this morning as usual, waiting to be drawn out to Wembley by 90035? I presumed that was the Lowland sleeper.

philjo

Established Member
Presumably last night's highland sleeper that did not run (Scotrail were allowing passengers to sleep on them overnight in the starting stations)

ushawk

Established Member
The "Down Line" (towards Edinburgh) will be reopening shortly to diesel trains only and then electric trains later on, bi-di running will be in operation. The "Up Line" (towards Newcastle/London) will be blocked for "some days".

All from Network Rail on Twitter.

With the derailment, that looks really bad, very lucky the driver isnt badly hurt.

sprinterguy

Established Member
Presumably last night's highland sleeper that did not run (Scotrail were allowing passengers to sleep on them overnight in the starting stations)
Good point. That would make a lot of sense. It never struck me as unusual until I looked at this thread for the sleeper to be sitting there as normal.
With the derailment, that looks really bad, very lucky the driver isnt badly hurt.
The structure of the class 66 seems to have held up exceptionally well. There have been a few derailments now, notably the one at Carrbridge a while a go, where the class 66s have proven their impressive structural integrity.

ushawk

Established Member
Trains are now operating on the ECML, first to run between NCL and EDB are the 10.00 Kings Cross - Edinburgh and the 12.30 Edinburgh - Kings Cross.

tsr

Established Member
Couple more pics attached of 6S45, no idea if these are around elsewhere.

Oh dear. It looks somewhat like the 66 was attempting to imitate a Range Rover in order to divert around the monumental incompetence of the Planet Earth, but as we can see, it became ever so slightly stuck...

Status
Not open for further replies.