• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Well, at least the train ran!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Failed Unit

Established Member
Interesting story on how to keep the trains running, even if few actually get to board this Inverness to Aberdeen train.

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1524896

Happens a lot, TOC's often run services fast to make up time no matter how much it inconviences passengers on the skipped station. Scotrail frequently do this on Edinburgh - Glasgow trains making them non-stop between Haymarket and Glasgow. I guess a cancelled train costs them more than a late train. It is annoying when you see that the train is classed as on-time, maybe but not to the people in the middle that couldn't use it!

SWT Driver

Imagine all the creature comforts that the driver got... Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate, peace & quiet from whinging pax...

Oh how much better the railway would run without pax.

graham125hst

Imagine all the creature comforts that the driver got... Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate, peace & quiet from whinging pax...

Oh how much better the railway would run without pax.
I work in retail and say the same myself. The job would be fantastic without the public coming in to ruin your day:lol:

It's also rumoured the guard was to get on at Huntly, but the driver wasn't told this till it was to late.... wonder why the driver couldn't operate the doors, suppose what can you expect First giving a driver a pay rise... ha don't make me laugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.