• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Welwyn North - Circa late 60's early 70's

Status
Not open for further replies.

malc-c

Hi,

As a kid of seven or eight I used to cycle to Welwyn North and sit on the road overbridge watching the trains go past. I didn't collect the numbers, but other than deltics which were obvious, would try and guess if the trains were hauled by type 4, 3 or 2. Back then we had non of the tracking technology of today, but we did have the early indication warning system.... the twang of the wires as the signal box raised the signals indicated a train was due...

I would love to see any photos forum members may have of Welwyn North around that time, purely for nostalgia reasons

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Hi,

As a kid of seven or eight I used to cycle to Welwyn North and sit on the road overbridge watching the trains go past. I didn't collect the numbers, but other than deltics which were obvious, would try and guess if the trains were hauled by type 4, 3 or 2. Back then we had non of the tracking technology of today, but we did have the early indication warning system.... the twang of the wires as the signal box raised the signals indicated a train was due...

I would love to see any photos forum members may have of Welwyn North around that time, purely for nostalgia reasons
There was a good book about Welwyn’s railways that I got sent by one of the authors in the late 80s

malc-c

Yeah, my late father-in-law had that book, but just wondered if any members had private pictures not featured.

Status
Not open for further replies.