• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wessex Electrics Class 442 to Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good afternoon, I just wondered if these days there are any 442s, ex Wessex Electric sets that run through to Brighton, I am thinking of going there on a Saturday, picking up/getting off at Clapham Junction. ?

2 or 3 years ago, there were a few 442s that did call at CLJ to Brighton, I just prefer that type of train instead of the normal Green Southern Units that go there. I have a feeling there may be the odd 442 that still go there sometimes, but I don't know what times these may go.?

Tks.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BingBong50

Good afternoon, I just wondered if these days there are any 442s, ex Wessex Electric sets that run through to Brighton, I am thinking of going there on a Saturday, picking up/getting off at Clapham Junction. ?

2 or 3 years ago, there were a few 442s that did call at CLJ to Brighton, I just prefer that type of train instead of the normal Green Southern Units that go there. I have a feeling there may be the odd 442 that still go there sometimes, but I don't know what times these may go.?

Tks.

They are a quite regular appearance on the London Victoria to Brighton services via CLJ and ECR at the moment. I'm sure those more in the know will be able to tell you specifically which actual services.

James Wake

They used to work Saturdays, now 377/6s booked on them, with the odd 377/7 sometimes instead of a 377/6. The peak time M-F 1757 London Bridge to Brighton and 1823 Eastbourne are nice to ride as they are booked for 10 car 442.

Status
Not open for further replies.