• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Coast Main Line Locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyHA

I hope this is the correct place yo ask this question .
is there a suitable place , within the London Travelcard area to visit and photograph trains on the WCML .
I tried Harrow & Wealdstone , alas too many platform fences . I tried South Kenton , but after an hour and a half , I was told to move on , by a London Overground employee .

Any offers ?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LMonty

Have you tired, Northwich Park, closet station is South Kenton, then walk north of the station into the park.
You will see the footbridge. :)

scrapy

Established Member
I can't help you with locations but I'd be tempted to report your experience at South Kenton to TFL. Unless you were breaking any laws (were there covid restrictions at the time?), Or likely to cause a danger to yourself or others such as standing too close to the platform edge, not social distancing or trespassing in an area you shouldn't be in, then I see no reason you should be asked to leave. Might be worth asking their policy on enthusiasts so you have something in writing if challenged in future.

AndyHA

Thanks for replying , at 71 years of age a trip to a park I think is beyond me . Also I have a lung / heart problem so I can’t climb stairs too easily .

in the end , I re-visited Harrow &:Wealdstone , and was able to take the shots I wanted .

So I appreciate your replies . But for now the WCML returns to the bottom of my “to go to” list.
unless anything more unusual is booked to turn up !

Status
Not open for further replies.