• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Midlands/LNWR reduce fares due to performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott M

Just received the following email:

West Midlands Trains (WMT) had acknowledged that local train services had not been operating as well as they should have been.

As a member of our Direct Debit scheme, data protection legislation prevents WMT from contacting you directly regarding a compensation package put in place for the poor service you’ve recently experienced. WMT has therefore asked us to share the following information, including the official statement below:

“As a regular train traveller, you will know there have been far too many delays and cancellations in recent months. It is not good enough and West Midlands Railway and London Northwestern Railway are sorry”.

WMT has announced a 3% reduction in the cost of your season ticket, offsetting the upcoming national fares rise from 2 January 2020. As the operator of the Direct Debit scheme, Transport for West Midlands is now in the process of working out the revised cost of monthly season tickets, including how we will make refunds to customers where this applies. I will be in touch with you again shortly to confirm these arrangements.

Nice gesture, wonder if there is precedent for this and if other poorly-performing TOCs will follow suit.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Scott M

They havent reduced fares. They have maintained fares and it is scant consolation for a cruddy service
Admit I fell for the PR speak at first, but you are correct it is just a price freeze. Still better than nothing I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.