• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Worthing Sidings new use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

387star

On Moderation
With West Worthing Sidings almost ready to receive trains again after a long time lain abandoned is it known what services will use these sidings? Class 700s berthing for the Littlehamptons perhaps?

There is currently no depot there to my knowledge

Their future use is clearly tied in with the May timetable change

Also of interest is the morning GWR service to Brighton will now call at Emsworth, Southbourne, Angmering and Portslade

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

aleggatta

I’m also curious as to this... haven’t heard anything internal at the moment....

BRblue

All depends which rumour you want to believe...
1) Hove sidings are being refurbished this summer... stock normally stabled there will be stabled at West Worthing sidings until refurb complete.
2) Extra stabling for 700's... possibly the Littlehampton - Bedfords.
3) Warm storage for 455's
4) 313's stabled to create more space at Lovers Walk.
Personally although we have been told nothing officially, I would take a punt on either 1 or 2.
What I do know is they were wanted back in use in time for the timetable change.

aleggatta

All depends which rumour you want to believe...
1) Hove sidings are being refurbished this summer... stock normally stabled there will be stabled at West Worthing sidings until refurb complete.
2) Extra stabling for 700's... possibly the Littlehampton - Bedfords.
3) Warm storage for 455's
4) 313's stabled to create more space at Lovers Walk.
Personally although we have been told nothing officially, I would take a punt on either 1 or 2.
What I do know is they were wanted back in use in time for the timetable change.

I suppose you could add to this that it appears Hove No.1 (and possibly No. 2 also) seems to have had the same treatment as West Worthing...

Does anyone know what length the sidings are out of curiosity?

BRblue

I suppose you could add to this that it appears Hove No.1 (and possibly No. 2 also) seems to have had the same treatment as West Worthing...

Does anyone know what length the sidings are out of curiosity?
West Worthing sidings all 3 roads are 12 car length.
I shouldn't call them sidings as they are actually shed roads without the shed.

pdeaves

Established Member
This appeared in the weekly notice:
"The Up sidings at West Worthing has been brought into use for the Stabling of class 700 Emu trains and the traction rails have been re-charged."

BRblue

This appeared in the weekly notice:
"The Up sidings at West Worthing has been brought into use for the Stabling of class 700 Emu trains and the traction rails have been re-charged."
Ahh... That's the answer then, I know the sidings were re-energised on the 23rd April but I have not seen the latest WON as I'm on leave.

Varney

I'm not sure there is enough room with the substation, plus they would have to relocate the telecom mast/hut. Also if it's just temporary whilst Hove sidings are refurbished, then I doubt it makes financial sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.