• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What does an RTV look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pne

Does anyone have a picture of an RTV they can post here?

I'm curious what they look like.

Google Images only showed me a picture of a huge collection of RTVs, too small to make out the individual ones; the remainder of the images for "rtv" or "rtv rail travel voucher" seemed irrelevant.

Also, are they standardised or do each TOC's RTVs look slightly different (e.g. different typeface, different arrangement of details, perhaps even different paper stock)?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Elecman

Established Member
The green ones on the Google images look exactly like mine from TPE so I wouls suggest they are a standard issue

Established Member
Northern have purple ones!

Very rare to get an RTV off northern, they like their complimentary travel vouchers, as do I!

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Northern have purple ones!

Very rare to get an RTV off northern, they like their complimentary travel vouchers, as do I!

I just got one recently - i think mainly as i was so far out of their area of operation i suggested they send one ;)

I didn't realise they were purple so was confused for a few moments!

pne

You may find this part of our Ticket Gallery of interest.

Excellent; thank you!

That also answered my question of whether they come in certain denominations (so for a refund of £6.75 they might have to send you a £5, a £1, a 50p, two 10p, and 5p or whatever): some are, but they also come in varieties where the issuer puts the denomination on, which can be any(?) value.

Is the validity ever anything other than 12 months?

Last edited:

richw

Veteran Member
Excellent; thank you!

That also answered my question of whether they come in certain denominations (so for a refund of £6.75 they might have to send you a £5, a £1, a 50p, two 10p, and 5p or whatever): some are, but they also come in varieties where the issuer puts the denomination on, which can be any(?) value.

Every one I have seen the valid for 12 months is standard print, with a date stamped elsewhere

najaB

Veteran Member
Excellent; thank you!

When I've received RTVs the value has always been printed on rather than preprinted stock of fixed value. I'm guessing that there must be cases where the validity is longer/shorter than 12 months because the preprinted stock has "VALID FOR <blank> MONTHS FROM <blank>".

Edit: Just looked at one I got from EMT - they've printed "12/Twelve" and the date, but the actual RTV doesn't have the "VALID FROM" or "MONTHS FROM" - I guess that technically it never expires!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.