• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What happened to DMNS Railway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

satisnek

(DMNS = Don's Miniature New Street, a 4mm layout in a leafy suburban part of Sutton Coldfield)

I last saw this about seven or eight years ago, not long before the sad passing of Don Jones and was struck by the whole thing being frozen in c1990, with not a pendo, vomiter or plastic unit in sight. I was told that the reason was because the locos were bespoke dual-motor jobbies and too inconvenient/expensive to replace.

But it wasn't just the rolling stock - it was fascinating to see a representation of the area prior to the Bullring redevelopment, by which time I had completely forgotten about.

I hope that the actual model of New Street and surrounding structures is still in existence, especially since the station itself is now being rebuilt. It's a 3D realisation of history that no amount of photographs could ever replicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.