• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Whats the furthest distance between two rides you've had on the same bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cambus731

Accidently or intentionally
I rode on Stagecoach Leyland Olympian 013 TSO13X from Errol to Perth on the 16 on March 24th 1993.
And on January 4th 2004 by then in the ownership of Stephensons, she dropped on rail replacement from Chelmsford to Shenfield.

But I dare say there are people on this website who can beat that

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
About a decade ago I rode a Wilts & Dorset Solo from Weymouth to Portland. I did note the reg at the time (though I no longer have it to hand) but was quite surprised to see a few W&D Solos parked up at the (then) Centrebus depot at Waterloo in Huddersfield 7 years later. A couple of weeks after that, they'd passed to Honley (K-Line) operations and colours, and the very same one turned up on a 303 to Scapegoat Hill... Still with seats embroidered with 'Wareham', 'Bridport', and 'Southampton'...

Deerfold

Veteran Member
I didn't ride on it, but when on holiday in Kirkudbright in the early 1990s I stayed at a B&B in a Farmhouse. The farmer's daughter caught a school bus into town run by a local independent. We saw it parked up in town later and realised it was one of the the very buses I used to catch home from Halifax to Ripponden on Yorkshire Rider routes 564/566. It still had all the same adverts inside it and the same fleet number. At the time I did recognise the fleet number.

(Conincidentally the 303 Scapegoat Hill is one of my sister's local bus routes).

Last edited:

Busaholic

Veteran Member
When staying on the Queen Mary at Long Beach, California in 1979 I boarded a London doubledecker I'd travelled on in the Great Wen. However, as the bus was a static exhibit can't really claim to have travelled on it in L.A.

ThePannier

Once had the same vehicle three times on the same day, but on two services! ;)

It was Go North East's B10BLE 4854, based at Chester-Le-Street. I had it on the 11:25 #78 from Chester-Le-Street to my Grandad's house, and timed it so I had it on the run back down from Consett, at 13:22. We got back to Chester-Le-Street for 13:30ish, when she broke down. I hung around for about half an hour, and during that time, a fitter came with a replacement bus, and the service went on it's way about 5-10 minutes late.

However, it was just a small fault, and after a bit of a faff around in a few parts under the flap, she was ready to go back to the depot. Problem was, the supervisor got a call about the vehicle on the #71 breaking down on it's way into Chester-Le-Street - so 4854 was allocated to the service to prevent any lost milage! :)

Never actually had the same bus after it was passed on between operators, although I did once ride a demonstrator with GNE, then again after that was later passed onto another operator quite a few years back!

Last edited:

quarella

Distance, time and selection of buses. Badgerline Volvo Citybuses D7XXGHY, Must have travelled on all of them in Weston-super-Mare and surrounding area from delivery in 1987 till I left Weston in 1990. June this year I spent some time in Cornwall and travelled on several operating out of Penzance. Furthest extreme, Lands End.

Martin2012

Several of the coaches from the South Gloucestershire Bus and Coach fleet I've ridden on short journeys such as the 462 and 680 services and ridden the same vehicles on long distance National Express journeys between Bristol and Birmingham or Bristol and London.

The best example I can remember was back in December 2005. I was traveling to London in order to appear in the audience for a TV show but opted to go into college as normal for my first class of the day before heading off. At the time the route I travelled to/from college on was operated by South Glos Bus and Coach and that day the vehicle was plaxton Excalibur ECZ 9138.

I eventually headed off up to London on the National Express 040 service from Bristol but and when I returned to Victoria Coach Station later in the evening, ECZ9138 was there, with the same driver that had taken me into college that morning, ready to cover a journey on the 403 service to Bath. The driver very kindly agreed to let me travel back with him and agreed to drop me off somewhere on the way to Yate.

Status
Not open for further replies.