• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where am I?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eastwestdivide

Established Member
Apologies, no station blob as there isn't a station. Must read the rules.
The Aim:
To guess the train station featured on a small map extract.

Well, there was/may still be a staff halt. That should be enough for someone?

eastwestdivide

Established Member
Spot on, Hoo Junction.
If you've ever been there by road, it's Queen's Farm Road. Also the pylon lines, the branch junction just creeping into the right of the picture, the marshy-looking land, the remains of the canal, and the snippet of Danger Area (Milton shooting ranges) are all reasonable clues.

Plus, if you zoom in really close, CSI-style, you can just make out the third rail electrification.

eastwestdivide

Established Member
Well that killed it.
Looks very "big city" with those blocks of flats and distributor road, like Birmingham or Glasgow, but I can't place it.
Also, can I see overhead gantries to the right of the station, but not to the left??

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Could be somewhere that is / has recently been in the process of being wired.... also the formation looks as if it used to be 4 track although that could just be the width of the formation so it's possible it's always been 2 track?

I'll start with a guess at that fiendish swine* Eccles.

*Those of a certain age will get this joke.

Buttsy

Established Member
Could be somewhere that is / has recently been in the process of being wired.... also the formation looks as if it used to be 4 track although that could just be the width of the formation so it's possible it's always been 2 track?

I'll start with a guess at that fiendish swine* Eccles.

*Those of a certain age will get this joke.

What time is it Eccles?
8:30
How do you know that?
I got it written on a piece of paper.

Eccles it is not.

Last edited: