• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where can I see 701 Arterios trains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

htmtrains

Hi all, just a quick question; at the moment, where are the 701s being tested and / or held? I’ve seen some people manage to spot them, and I’m just wondering if there are specific places to go to see them. Thanks.

—Ajax

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

_toommm_

Established Member
There’s a few in Clapham Yard - you’ll be able to see them quite clearly from the footbridge of Clapham Junction.

(The photo below is a shot from the footbridge of Clapham Junction, overlooking Clapham Yard, with Class 444s, 450s, 458s, and 701s parked up).

D8F03CDE-100E-497A-A0D6-EE4022024C50.jpeg

Established Member
Feltham Yard has 5 usually.
Eastleigh is a place where a large amount are based, and testing from there frequently happens.

Matt Taylor

Established Member
A good way to start would be to look on Real Time Trains for trains at Eastleigh TRSMD using a headcode starting 5Q, they frequently don't run but when they do they usually start and finish there.

DelW

Established Member
Hi all, just a quick question; at the moment, where are the 701s being tested and / or held? I’ve seen some people manage to spot them, and I’m just wondering if there are specific places to go to see them. Thanks.

—Ajax
In case you're not aware of it, there's an extensive discussion of the 701s and their problems here:

WizCastro197

Established Member

—Ajax
There’s a few in Clapham Yard - you’ll be able to see them quite clearly from the footbridge of Clapham Junction.

(The photo below is a shot from the footbridge of Clapham Junction, overlooking Clapham Yard, with Class 444s, 450s, 458s, and 701s parked up).

View attachment 124054
In a sight addition to this if you going round the back of Clapham yard, you can see them but you wouldn’t have to pay a fare

I’ll try and find the name of the road in a minute

It is Plough Road.

Attachments

• 57F28DBF-1116-469D-A8F8-E99EB8B2D3C6.jpeg
    57F28DBF-1116-469D-A8F8-E99EB8B2D3C6.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18

WizCastro197

Established Member

—Ajax
You may also just see them by chance around the SWR network.

Status
Not open for further replies.