• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where has a 195 been?

DJH1971

Established Member
I'm pretty sure in the days when Northern ran the Manchester Airport - Liverpool via Warrington Central services there was a very early morning Liverpool - Manchester Airport running nonstop to Piccadilly via Chat Moss which was a 195 as it formed a Warrington Central train
One also called at St Helens Junction going towards Liverpool a few weeks back instead of the normal 331.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

danbarjon

Can't remember when, but I think at least one has gone via St. Helens Central, substituting for a 331.
On the 5th of April I was on a 195 between Lea Green and Manchester Piccadilly which was quite confusing due to their being wires the whole journey. Furthermore before this train started it's Liverpool to Manchester Airport via Chat Moss service it had just done a Wigan North Western to Liverpool.

Grumpy Git

On Moderation
I'm pretty sure in the days when Northern ran the Manchester Airport - Liverpool via Warrington Central services there was a very early morning Liverpool - Manchester Airport running nonstop to Piccadilly via Chat Moss which was a 195 as it formed a Warrington Central train

I used to use that service on a semi-regular basis before (and maybe during) Covid. Almost always on a Monday (departed Lime St at 03.37), it was only ever a rattly 150/156 when I used it and always a freezing cold journey.

johntea

Established Member
A 195 running on the Harrogate Line this evening...

There seemed to be more 158 than usual running on the Harrogate line today for some reason although 170 were running too

Is there some sort of plan to swap out the 170 for the 195 on the Harrogate line?

py_megapixel

Established Member
Are there any plans to get them (back) on the Liverpool - Manchester Oxford Rd (CLC) services and also up to Buxton anytime soon, (the 150's are horrendous and need scrapping ASAP)?
Agree with the sentiment about the 150s but there are nowhere near enough 195s to start sending them for scrap unfortunately...

1D53

Established Member
There seemed to be more 158 than usual running on the Harrogate line today for some reason although 170 were running too

Is there some sort of plan to swap out the 170 for the 195 on the Harrogate line?
No plans at this time.