• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Which aircraft operated my flight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fowler9

Established Member
I am struggling to find which aircraft operated 3 flights I was on and if anyone can help I would appreciate it. What I am after is a BA 744 that did Heathrow to Hong Kong on the evening of 11/08/2011. The LAN A343 that did Auckland to Santiago on 24/12/2011. The BA 777 that did Buenos Aires to Heathrow on 08/02/2012.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Busaholic

Veteran Member
I am struggling to find which aircraft operated 3 flights I was on and if anyone can help I would appreciate it. What I am after is a BA 744 that did Heathrow to Hong Kong on the evening of 11/08/2011. The LAN A343 that did Auckland to Santiago on 24/12/2011. The BA 777 that did Buenos Aires to Heathrow on 08/02/2012.

You only ask the easy questions:lol:

Established Member
For BA flights, thebasource.com is your friend. If I've looked them up correctly:

11/08/11, BA26 G-BYGB, BA28 G-BNLV
08/02/12, BA244 G-YMME

I'm keeping this weekends winning lottery numbers to myself.

Last edited:

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Well if you have the winning lottery numbers this weekend I would also appreciate it. :D

No, I gave up the lottery when, on the one occasion I didn't do it, five of my numbers came up, apparently - only 'lost' £3,500, but I was philosophical about it. Thank you very much WH Smith at Exeter Services for your lottery machine being inactive five minutes before the 7.30 cut-off. No, I'm not at all bitter.:lol:

fowler9

Established Member
No, I gave up the lottery when, on the one occasion I didn't do it, five of my numbers came up, apparently - only 'lost' £3,500, but I was philosophical about it. Thank you very much WH Smith at Exeter Services for your lottery machine being inactive five minutes before the 7.30 cut-off. No, I'm not at all bitter.:lol:

Ha ha, never mind mate, its only money and wouldn't have made you happy anyway (As rich people keep telling poor people). :D

fowler9

Established Member
For BA flights, thebasource.com is your friend. If I've looked them up correctly:

11/08/11, BA26 G-BYGB, BA28 G-BNLV
08/02/12, BA244 G-YMME

I'm keeping this weekends winning lottery numbers to myself.

Cheers mate. Very much appreciated. I'm guessing the Hong Kong flight was G-BNLV on the evening departure we were on since it has a higher flight number. Thanks again. :D

Actually my Hong Kong flight was going the other way. I'll check out the website you mentioned. Thanks again.

Last edited:

fowler9

Established Member
So far I have worked out (With the help of others) G-BNLU from Heathrow to Hong Kong (Sadly now withdrawn), VH-OEB from Hong Kong to Melbourne (Still in service I think) and G-YMME from Buenos Aires to Heathrow (Was back in Buenos Aires last Friday and has been to Bangalore and Bangkok since).

Still after an LAN A343 from Auckland to Santiago (Chile) on 24/12/2011 and a Jetstar A320 from Brisbane to Christchurch on 13/10/2011.

Any advice or assistance much appreciated in identifying the aircraft.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Ha ha, never mind mate, its only money and wouldn't have made you happy anyway (As rich people keep telling poor people). :D

My wife thinks I'm mad for not wanting to ever win a jackpot on the National Lottery, or Euromillions, or whatever, but I do think it would cause us a lot more problems than it would solve because we're not used to having much money. I've just started doing Lotto hotpicks - 3 numbers, £1 a go, should I win it'd be £600 and, actually, that would make me very happy.

fowler9

Established Member
My wife thinks I'm mad for not wanting to ever win a jackpot on the National Lottery, or Euromillions, or whatever, but I do think it would cause us a lot more problems than it would solve because we're not used to having much money. I've just started doing Lotto hotpicks - 3 numbers, £1 a go, should I win it'd be £600 and, actually, that would make me very happy.

Ah fair play mate, money wouldn't necessarily make you happy. The thing is I have no wife or girlfriend, no kids, no mortgage, no ties. If I won the jackpot you wouldn't see me for dust. Not that I don't love Liverpool or anything but there is a whole lot of stuff I want to see. Part of me wishes I had met the one, got a house and had kids but I am 42 now and that hasn't happened and probably won't. At the same time I am quite happy having a secure job an being able to nose around Europe whenever I want. A small windfall of a couple of grand would be nise to travel further again.

Established Member
Cheers mate. Very much appreciated. I'm guessing the Hong Kong flight was G-BNLV on the evening departure we were on since it has a higher flight number. Thanks again. :D

Actually my Hong Kong flight was going the other way. I'll check out the website you mentioned. Thanks again.

You're welcome, to be honest I find the airline industry more interesting than the railway these days (except in my local area) but the railway pays my bills.

Oops sorry yes I misread that. You'll find what you are looking for by playing around with the various filters under route tracker. For the record though BA25 was G-CIVP, BA27 was G-BNLU.

Last edited:

fowler9

Established Member
You're welcome, to be honest I find the airline industry more interesting than the railway these days (except in my local area) but the railway pays my bills.

Oops sorry yes I misread that. You'll find what you are looking for by playing around with the various filters under route tracker. For the record though BA25 was G-CIVP, BA27 was G-BNLU.

Thanks again mate, looks like it was G-BNLU. It was a very exciting flight for me as I had never flown long haul or on a wide body before and peering through the window of Terminal 5 at the 744 that evening was amazing. It was right at the start of the journey that lasted some 6 months with some other incredible flights and destinations. Sad to see the aircraft is now stored.

Status
Not open for further replies.