• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Which Class 56 on the Steeltown murders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony2

Anyone see the first episode of this series The Steeltown Murders?

It is set in Wales in two timelines, the first being 1973. A class 56 hauling HAAs appears in the background a couple of times which is obviously not prototypical for that year. The 56 is blue large logo with a light grey roof, but has small white numbers under the side grille. The logo is slightly too small to be correct LLB, it is more like the dimensions of a Railfreight red stripe grey logo.

I’m not even sure if this a preserved or mainline 56 so not sure if in the right section of this forum!

I’ve had a look on the net but can’t ID the 56 or where this was filmed.

So two obvious questions, can anyone ID the 56 and where this was filmed?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

66701GBRF

Anyone see the first episode of this series The Steeltown Murders?

It is set in Wales in two timelines, the first being 1973. A class 56 hauling HAAs appears in the background a couple of times which is obviously not prototypical for that year. The 56 is blue large logo with a light grey roof, but has small white numbers under the side grille. The logo is slightly too small to be correct LLB, it is more like the dimensions of a Railfreight red stripe grey logo.

I’m not even sure if this a preserved or mainline 56 so not sure if in the right section of this forum!

I’ve had a look on the net but can’t ID the 56 or where this was filmed.

So two obvious questions, can anyone ID the 56 and where this was filmed?

Thanks for any suggestions!
It wasn’t a real loco/train. It was CGI. Notice the BR logo is the wrong way round too.

Tony2

I noticed the wrong way round logo on the first scene but it was the correct way round in the second.

Looks extremely convincing for CGI!

Status
Not open for further replies.