• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Whitby Bus X93

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solent&Wessex

Established Member
Hello Folks,

There are some fares on BRFARES from Hull (HUL) and other stations on the Yorkshire Coast to a destination of "WHITBY BUS X93" (K976). https://www.brfares.com/!fares?orig=HUL&dest=K976

Does anyone know what they are valid for?

I cannot find any information online anywhere about this apparent bus link ticket, not helped by the fact that the Bus Link information appears to have mainly disappeared from NRE since the launch of the new website, and is completely missing from the Internal KnowledgeBase version of National Rail too.

The tickets don't appear to be available from any other station apart from Hull and stations towards Scarborough.

At the moment with the £2 maximum bus fare they don't represent good value, but I have never seen this ticket before so was wondering if anyone knew anything about it.

I assume it is valid for a journey on the X93 bus from Scarborough to Whitby, but can't actually find this documented anywhere.

Anyone got any clues?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Having holidayed in Whitby earlier this year and used the X93 bus to get to Scarborough one day I'm pretty certain it's to allow people to connect along the Yorkshire coast between Scarborough and Whitby. The alternative involves travel via York and Middlesbrough which is a very roundabout route. As you note, with the current £2 single fare the combined ticket is not good value.

bristollh

The tickets are mentioned in the 2022 edition of the X93/X94 timetable along with an inter-available day ranger from the Teesside end. I would assume they feature in this years edition too, but I've not got a copy.

Jeff

Attachments

• 20230921_072803.jpg
    20230921_072803.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 32

Kite159

Veteran Member
The tickets are mentioned in the 2022 edition of the X93/X94 timetable along with an inter-available day ranger from the Teesside end. I would assume they feature in this years edition too, but I've not got a copy.

Jeff
I think that day ranger got withdrawn earlier this year due to poor sales. Although it must have changed as I'm sure when it first got introduced it was only valid on the bus between Saltburn & Whitby.

Status
Not open for further replies.