• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Who do Northern/EMT employ for car parks, cleaners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry42

My friend wanted to get a job in the rail industry. Northern and EMT are their (and my!) local operators. If they wanted a job looking after car parks for Northern Rail, or doing the trolley on EMT, where would they go?

And a question on my behalf: Who patrols Northerns car parks?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LowLevel

Established Member
Rail Gourmet for EMT trolleys. They don't have any car park staff per sé.

Wigan,United Kingdon and Kingswood Nsw, Australia
Since when do the trolleys Operate as Far as Sheffield on the Liverpool-Norwich service? yesterday i was shocked when my ex Northern 156 had a Trolley on at Sheffield.. thought these only go as stockport nowadays? none the less the drink choices where awful so didn't bother although the 156 was impressive.

LowLevel

Established Member

I basically mean in a bit of a posh way that EMT have no dedicated car park staff (any more, Midland Mainline used to have car park rangers), they are looked after by the estates teams and the station staff.

Bevan Price

Established Member

In PTE areas with free parking, there is generally no attendant. Some staffed stations may have a CCTV camera covering the car park as well as the platforms.

coxxy

My friend wanted to get a job in the rail industry. Northern and EMT are their (and my!) local operators. If they wanted a job looking after car parks for Northern Rail, or doing the trolley on EMT, where would they go?

And a question on my behalf: Who patrols Northerns car parks?

Hi Harry42,

Not too sure on EMT but Northerns train cleaning is all done in house so directly working for Northern. Used to be ISS but moved over about 4 years ago now. Most of the stations it is still ISS. Some of Northerns car parks are done by G4S. I know for certain Bolton is and I know of a few other places...

harry42

Hi Harry42,

Not too sure on EMT but Northerns train cleaning is all done in house so directly working for Northern. Used to be ISS but moved over about 4 years ago now. Most of the stations it is still ISS. Some of Northerns car parks are done by G4S. I know for certain Bolton is and I know of a few other places...

Thanks very much

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
East Midlands Trains cleaning contract is with Rentokil-Initial.

Car parking enforcement is done by the revenue protection team.

Status
Not open for further replies.