• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Who's responsible for updating the data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattWallace

Hi all,

Whilst playing with the data feeds from network rail for a train spotting site I'm working on, I've discovered that some services (particularly the freight ones!) don't report at a stanox/tiploc until some time after they've passed it (in some cases it can be up to an hour!).

My understanding of the way the rail network works is that as the trains go past the various reporting points on the network, they somehow automatically report that this is their current location - is this not the case?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Whilst most places do auto report there are still many places that rely on a manual input, especially areas that are still signalled traditionally and freight yards. There can be a delay in inputting times for these locations due to a number of factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.