• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Will my connection be held at Nuneaton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzanneparis

Am on the 15:46 train from Euston to Leicester via Nuneaton. BUT the Nuneaton to Leicester leg has been cancelled.

The previous train from Nuneaton to Leicester departs 3 minutes before I arrive into Nuneaton.

Is there any chance of them holding that train at Nuneaton so that any Leicester passengers can catch it?

Many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
Am on the 15:46 train from Euston to Leicester via Nuneaton. BUT the Nuneaton to Leicester leg has been cancelled.

The previous train from Nuneaton to Leicester departs 3 minutes before I arrive into Nuneaton.

Is there any chance of them holding that train at Nuneaton so that any Leicester passengers can catch it?

Many thanks
I wouldn’t expect so, sorry. You can always ask the train manager though. On the plug side, you will be eligible for delay repay.

High Dyke

Established Member
Sadly, I doubt they will. Sometimes a TOC may request a hold on a particular service - in order to make a connection, but it's more of a mutual agreement at the time. I may be wrong in this case though.

suzanneparis

Thanks both. I remember it happening when I was young. But... they had steam trains in those days :)

Train packed. Not seen train manager. How do I prove I am on this train for delay repay?

Also, am considering walking to bus station in Nuneaton for a leicester bus. Would that invalidate delay repay?

Thanks again

suzanneparis

Thanks. Yes I was hoping that.

In terms of delay repay. How do I prove I'm on this train. And how do I claim as it's not the usual route. Do I claim EM railways or is it a different site
Thanks

Birmingham

Thanks. Yes I was hoping that.

In terms of delay repay. How do I prove I'm on this train. And how do I claim as it's not the usual route. Do I claim EM railways or is it a different site
Thanks
You claim Delay Repay compensation from the operator that has delayed you. In this case, as it's the cancellation of the Nuneaton to Leicester train, that will be CrossCountry Trains: https://www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk/customer-service/contact-us/delay-repay You should claim for your full journey from London to Leicester, and your compensation will be a % of the price of that ticket. You don't need to prove that you were on this train; you just tell them the trains you [intended] to take.

suzanneparis

Many thanks. Very helpful. How do I prove I'm on this train? No train manager cos too crowded

Thanks again

Veteran Member
Hi

Your delay into Leicester is 21min, which will be quicker than a bus (unles of course you live on the bus route). Crosscountry delay repay starts at 30min :(

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
There is no proof required; claims are generally accepted on the basis of trust, unless there is evidence to the contrary.

suzanneparis

Many thanks both, it seems I can't claim.

BUT all of the information about how the system works is very useful. For future reference.

Best wishes

suzanneparis

Needless to say everything that can go wrong has gone wrong. The 16:50 was on time. The 17:50 is running late. If only it had been the other way around I would be home by now :(

Birmingham

Needless to say everything that can go wrong has gone wrong. The 16:50 was on time. The 17:50 is running late. If only it had been the other way around I would be home by now :(
Argh. On the plus side, if your train loses a couple more minutes, you’ll be eligible for delay repay…

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Looks like you have arrived 29 minutes late, so just shy of the 30 minute threshold for making a claim... :s

suzanneparis

Thanks for your kind help all of you.
Ah well. At least I got home. Just in time for pasta!

Best wishes to you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.