• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Will strike action in the UK affect my journey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duesselmartin

Established Member
Hi all.
I am travelling from Germany to the UK tomorrow for two weeks.
I have heard of possible strike action in the UK. How likely are Eurostar and First Great Western to be affected?

Thanks for all replies.
Martin

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

northwichcat

Veteran Member
UK law states that a minimum of 7 days notice must be given before any strike.

Eurostar has been affected by French worker strikes and even by a fire caused by striking ferry workers in France, so it's less easy to predict when disruption may occur.

Last edited by a moderator:

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
This is the information about the FGW planned strike

https://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/strike

Services expected to be significantly affected from Thursday 09 July to start of service on Saturday 11 July

First Great Western has confirmed it expects to run the majority of London Thames Valley services but long distance and local rail services will be significantly reduced, should the planned strike action by RMT members go ahead next week.

Seaeagle

Don't forget the Underground strike starting at 21.30 on Wednesday 8th July for 24 hours

Last edited:

Established Member
UK strikes are nothing as bad as those in Germany or France.

Status
Not open for further replies.