• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Will the jubilee line be quicker than crossrail for those travelling from NW London to Excel Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

pethadine82

On Moderation
When crossrail opens those that are travelling from Amersham / Aylesbury going to Excel have 2 options
1) Jubilee line to canning town and then DLR.
2) Cross rail from Bond Street, or possibly Canary Wharf and then crossrail.

Which journey will be faster and by how much?
The Jubilee has very good acceleration and braking and moves very quickly. Can the crossrail trains match this?

Also on another note when you come out of custom house there there are no barriers but oyster readers. However there are barriers for the crossrail side. What would happen if you touch in at the standalone reader and then touch in at the crossrail barrier?
Many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jorge Da Silva

Established Member
When crossrail opens those that are travelling from Amersham / Aylesbury going to Excel have 2 options
1) Jubilee line to canning town and then DLR.
2) Cross rail from Bond Street, or possibly Canary Wharf and then crossrail.

Which journey will be faster and by how much?
The Jubilee has very good acceleration and braking and moves very quickly. Can the crossrail trains match this?

Also on another note when you come out of custom house there there are no barriers but oyster readers. However there are barriers for the crossrail side. What would happen if you touch in at the standalone reader and then touch in at the crossrail barrier?
Many thanks

I would imagine Crossrail by far. Crossrail is fast has good acceleration and stops at less places.

20Man

There may be a 3rd option. Chiltern to Marylebone, Bakerloo to Paddington then Crossrail to Custom House.

cle

Established Member
From Amersham in future, I would think via Farringdon, non? And Aylesbury... via Amersham/Harrow and then Farringdon!

PTR 444

Established Member
For stations on Chiltern Railways, I would say go direct to Marylebone, take the Bakerloo two stops to Paddington and change onto Crossrail there.

For stations where the Metropolitan line is the fastest service to London, changing once at Farringdon is probably the most sensible option.

I think Jubilee Line passengers would be better off changing at Bond Street rather than Canary Wharf as Crossrail is more direct from there and it would be better from a capacity point of view.

stuu

Established Member
Paddington to Custom House is going to take 20 minutes on Crossrail, I would have thought that would be quickest if going into Marylebone. From the Met, changing at Finchley Road and Bond Street is probably best

Status
Not open for further replies.