• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wilnecote - doors didn't open

crosscity

My grandson intended to travel from University to Wilnecote this morning for work on the 0839 from University. He caught the 3 coach Cross-Country Turbostar train and it stopped at Wilnecote as planned, but the two sets of doors he tried would not open. He was overcarried to Tamworth as a result. The doors opened at both University and Tamworth and on the same side that he would have got off at. Is selective door operation in place at Wilnecote. If it is, which coach should he be in?

My grandson was not aware of any announcement.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

birchesgreen

Established Member
The platform is long enough for 3 car 170s. I've only been to the station once and alighted from the rear (3rd) car. Maybe it was an intermittent fault?

Deafdoggie

Established Member
My grandson intended to travel from University to Wilnecote this morning for work on the 0839 from University. He caught the 3 coach Cross-Country Turbostar train and it stopped at Wilnecote as planned, but the two sets of doors he tried would not open. He was overcarried to Tamworth as a result. The doors opened at both University and Tamworth and on the same side that he would have got off at. Is selective door operation in place at Wilnecote. If it is, which coach should he be in?

My grandson was not aware of any announcement.
It's not a request stop. But as he had a ticket for Tamworth the guard wouldn't be unduly concerned noone got off.

Deafdoggie

Established Member
This was stated in the other post

crosscity

He did have a ticket to Tamworth, but I don't know if the guard checked. I'll chat with him later.

... now checked with my grandson. There was no ticket check, and no interaction with the guard. From the conversation I had with him, it looks as though there was a crew change at New St.

Last edited: