• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT Conductor Rosters and duties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashleyb1990

Hi all,

I have got a position at WMT as a trainee senior conductor at BHM and was wondering if anyone has some insight on what the rosters and duties would look like. I am under the impression that it's mostly a 4 day working week on the exception of weeks including Sundays which are 4 day with an additional compulsory overtime Sunday shift. Can someone please give me more clarification on shift types and rest day patterns please?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

train_lover

Shift pattern is done over a 3 week period.
Week 1 Monday Tuesday off
Week 2 Wednesday Thursday off
Week 3 Friday Saturday off
And back to week 1

Sundays will depend what depot you go to. New Street don't have Sundays in the lower links but you can tick to work them if you so wish. If you are going to Snow Hill you will have 1 Sunday every few weeks

Ashleyb1990

Shift pattern is done over a 3 week period.
Week 1 Monday Tuesday off
Week 2 Wednesday Thursday off
Week 3 Friday Saturday off
And back to week 1

Sundays will depend what depot you go to. New Street don't have Sundays in the lower links but you can tick to work them if you so wish. If you are going to Snow Hill you will have 1 Sunday every few weeks

I will be going to New Street. Thanks

train_lover

Do you have any idea on what the individual shifts look like or which areas are covered?
In terms of shifts I can't really comment because by the time you have passed out they will have changed because of the December timetable change. But you cannot be rostered to anything more than 10 hours. So expect jobs between 5 and 10 hours.

Routes you'll sign

Redditch to Litchfield TV
Rugeley to New Street
Wolves to Cov
As you move up the links you'll sign
New Street to Shrewsbury
New Street to Liverpool
New Street to Northampton

Link progression will take a number of years so theres a good change you wont sign the last 3 routes due to the split of company to LNW and WMT

Ashleyb1990

In terms of shifts I can't really comment because by the time you have passed out they will have changed because of the December timetable change. But you cannot be rostered to anything more than 10 hours. So expect jobs between 5 and 10 hours.

Routes you'll sign

Redditch to Litchfield TV
Rugeley to New Street
Wolves to Cov
As you move up the links you'll sign
New Street to Shrewsbury
New Street to Liverpool
New Street to Northampton

Link progression will take a number of years so theres a good change you wont sign the last 3 routes due to the split of company to LNW and WMT

Okay, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.