• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tezza32

On Moderation
You’ve got a fair old way to go then bud

Prepare as well as you can, take it a stage at a time and try to stay calm.

I start in 3 weeks, taken 17months from first application. Others have been luckier with timings. 17m was with me passing it all first time

Good luck pal, loads of info on here for you

Thank you for that info what test did you have to do on the first assessment

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

andyccfc

If you're asking what tests are involved in the stage one assessments, then you've got your work cut out!

Without meaning to be harsh.. you should really be knowing all that and some.

Blueben

Thank you for that info what test did you have to do on the first assessment

There is a lot of information on here, plus if you get through to the assessments they will give you some material to practice from there.

I don’t think you sound harsh at all Andy. If people go into this process without understanding how mentally tiring, draining and difficult it is then they will struggle. It’s a long frustrating process, that has lots of competition for places.

You need to do some leg work Tez, google, YouTube are your friends. It’s also impossible to answer your question directly, most people do the assessments in a specific order, but I’ve known some do it arse about front.

Have they given you any guidance at all on the assessments yet? Group bourdon is a good one to practice. There’s apparently a company who do material to assist you through the train application. I didn’t use it though so can’t give you a heads up on that one.

Good luck

Wba0986

I haven't even done any assessments yet just waiting in talent pool
Tezza, I'm In the same boat as you mate. Just a waiting game at the moment. Looks like they put a load through and kept others for next round of applications to save advertising again.

birmz_

Yeah deffo mate I don't think we will be called up anytime soon just a waiting game now
:) JUST GOT THE CALL!!!!! I’m in lads starter pack is on the way and I start on July 29th. Can’t begin to tell you how excited I am. Good luck to all

Coach Carter

:) JUST GOT THE CALL!!!!! I’m in lads starter pack is on the way and I start on July 29th. Can’t begin to tell you how excited I am. Good luck to all
Great news mate well done.
I’m currently sat waiting for my medical to start at 2:55

Luke Allen

Just passed my medical bar the results of the drug test, which will be fine. Over the moon. Just wait for the call to start now. When I emailed HR I was advised I’ve been pencilled in for sept 16th start date subject to medical and pre-employment checks. Can’t wait now

Andrew12321

Great news mate. I had my medical last Thursday which all went well just waiting for the results from the urine sample. Was hoping to find out today but not heard anything yet so doubt it'll be today now. Did they email or ring you to tell you your results? Hoping I can squeeze onto the same course or if not the one end if July the next one!! Well done again!!

Coach Carter

Good luck mate routing for you. Let me know how it goes
Just passed my medical bar the results of the drug test, which will be fine. Over the moon. Just wait for the call to start now. When I emailed HR I was advised I’ve been pencilled in for sept 16th start date subject to medical and pre-employment checks. Can’t wait now
Well done Luke. Just got out from the medical, everything ok so just a wait for the pee sample results.

Paull

Me too, can’t wait to get started now. See you on the 29th!

birmz_

Great news mate. I had my medical last Thursday which all went well just waiting for the results from the urine sample. Was hoping to find out today but not heard anything yet so doubt it'll be today now. Did they email or ring you to tell you your results? Hoping I can squeeze onto the same course or if not the one end if July the next one!! Well done again!!
Thanx mate, i think they have courses for july, august and September no doubt you will be on one of them. I couldn't resist getting in contact, I sent one 4 days after my medical and another today. couple hours later I got the call. I think everyone who has had their conditional offer got it via phone call. shouldn't be to long now mate good luck hope to see you guys soon.

Luke Allen

Well done on the start date etc! I bet you’re over the moon! Have they given you your start date etc prio
Thanx mate, i think they have courses for july, august and September no doubt you will be on one of them. I couldn't resist getting in contact, I sent one 4 days after my medical and another today. couple hours later I got the call. I think everyone who has had their conditional offer got it via phone call. shouldn't be to long now mate good luck hope to see you guys soon.
is the starter pack your pre-employment checks etc then?

birmz_

Well done on the start date etc! I bet you’re over the moon! Have they given you your start date etc prio

is the starter pack your pre-employment checks etc then?
Yh references and all that lovely stuff lol.
no they didn't, I only found out my start date today. some people did get a heads up on potential start dates prior to their medicals, so don't be afraid to ask if you want to know.
sorry just looked youre one of the guys I was referring to. if you want to start sooner why not ask, worst they could say is that's the only date available

Luke Allen

Yh references and all that lovely stuff lol.
no they didn't, I only found out my start date today. some people did get a heads up on potential start dates prior to their medicals, so don't be afraid to ask if you want to know
Well that’s not a lot of notice really for you is it if it’s dependant on pre-employment checks is it, unless they're more of a formality? Because assuming you’ve got to give 4 weeks notice, that gives this week for references etc to be done and for them to give a definitive offer or not.....perhaps they are just a formality

birmz_

Imagine Im sick as a dog right now, I hardly ever get ill. best to get it out the way now though.
Well that’s not a lot of notice really for you is it if it’s dependant on pre-employment checks is it, unless they're more of a formality? Because assuming you’ve got to give 4 weeks notice, that gives this week for references etc to be done and for them to give a definitive offer or not.....perhaps they are just a formality
Yh I was speaking to them and they told me not to worry about it at all and that its pretty straight forward. I don't mind the short notice. Ive been after this position for years I would start tomorrow if I could.
I drive HGV for my wifes uncles company so notice isn't really to much of a issue for me tbh

birmz_

Congrats to you too, great feeling isn’t it! Are you down for Snow Hill?
Im not sure I didn't ask I was too excited, I applied for new st and snow hill. Do you know which one you've been assigned to?
The best feeling ever mate all feels abit surreal.

Luke Allen

Imagine Im sick as a dog right now, I hardly ever get ill. best to get it out the way now though.

Yh I was speaking to them and they told me not to worry about it at all and that its pretty straight forward. I don't mind the short notice. Ive been after this position for years I would start tomorrow if I could.
Ahh right well that’s good to know then isn’t it. Yeah I know what you mean, it’s been a patient wait and I’ve been really impressed with WMT. I don’t know if you or anybody else went through the process with Freightliner but I feel hugely let down by them and what was said in the interview clearly wasn’t actually the case which is wrong when people put their lives on hold for something that was said in good faith. Oh well it’s worked out much better now anyway

Paull

Im not sure I didn't ask I was too excited, I applied for new st and snow hill. Do you know which one you've been assigned to?
The best feeling ever mate all feels abit surreal.

I’ve been assigned to Snow Hill, not that it really matters I’m just glad to be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.