• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wolverhampton to Swansea 22/03/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyphen

Swansea (previously Nottingham/Sheffield)
Hi all,

I have a friend travelling tomorrow from Wolverhampton to spend the weekend with me in Swansea, returning either Sun evening or Mon morning (after 09:30).

The standard off-peak return is £43.65 (with 16-25 railcard).

I've looked at splits at BHM, BPW, NWP, CDF and even heading via SHR but none have come up cheaper. Does anybody else know of a cheaper combination of tickets which could be used to achieve the journey? Happy to route Shrewsbury and Marches than Cheltenham if necessary, but not via HoWL!

Note: would prefer to stick to standard splits if possible rather than routing anomalies (friend will not be familiar arguing this!) but would be happy to use start late / finish short tickets if it attracts a saving.

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

soil

Established Member
BHM = Birmingham
BPW = Bristol Parkway
NWP = Newport, South Wales
CDF = Cardiff
SHR = Shrewsbury

HoWL = Heart of Wales Line

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I've just had a look at www.trainscanbecheaper.info, it suggests

WOLVERHAMPTON to CWMBRAN
OFF-PEAK R
£23.30
Route: VIA WORCESTER

CWMBRAN to NEWPORT (S.WALES)
ANYTIME DAY S (x2)
£8.00
Route: ANY PERMITTED

NEWPORT (S.WALES) to SWANSEA
OFF-PEAK R
£16.00
Route: ANY PERMITTED

which is not the fastest but seems to satisfy your requirements and comes to £47.30 or approx £31.20 with a Railcard.

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Yeah - the cheapest splits are valid via the Heart of Wales line

Edit: BB21 has just found the route via Hereford I was about to suggest (using the website I was going to suggest!)

Status
Not open for further replies.