• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Woman cautioned for defecating on station platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlodlliw

Established Member
Wrexham/ Denbighshire /Flintshire triangle
Story about this vile incident from the Daily Post,the woman was found after BTP publicity. link http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/woman-cautioned-after-defecating-llandudno-7699049

Woman cautioned after defecating at Llandudno Junction Railway Station
Sep 01, 2014 10:45 By Steve Bagnall
33-year-old from Llandudno traced and interviewed after transport police appeal

Police wanted to speak to this woman in connection with an incident at Llandudno Junction station
Transport police have cautioned a woman after she defecated on a railway station platform.

An appeal was put out by British Transport Police on Friday after the incident at Llandudno Junction Railway Station on Thursday June 12, and her identity became known.

The woman disembarked the train at 9.45pm and soon after was seen on CCTV relieving herself on the platform, leaving station staff to clean up her mess.

She was identified and interviewed by investigating local officers.

The 33-year-old, who was from Llandudno, was given a police caution for the offence.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GarethJohn

Why are they not giving the name of this repulsive creature?

In an ideal world she would have held for her next Train or walked to the nearest Pub but!!
People do not choose **** on a Train station unless there is absolutely no alternative.Were Toilets open on the Station? Did she do it in a place for everyone too see? If it was ''out of view'' then this may explain why Station staff didn't see her go?
Do you know why she was so desperate to go where she did? There maybe a genuine reason.
She could of had a sudden problem which meant that she couldn't use the Train without missing the stop, believing that a Train Station toilet would be open She ''held on'' then without being able to control herself found a relatively secluded spot to relieve herself that would been a far better outcome for her and fellow passengers than ****ting herself and walking around with it.
If it happened to you would you ask a member of staff for cleaning equipment? Or would you attempt to get away trying to maintain as much dignity as you could in that situation and hoping you haven't attracted any attention?
What would you do in her situation?

Last edited:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It happens more often than you think...

GarethJohn

I suggest anyone hoping not to ever be in her situation avoids Train travel if ill with a stomach bug, taking medication with side affects, Real Cider festivals or Pub's with dodgy Beer.
There are many other situations that can trigger an unwanted bowel movement. I bet many have experienced a gurgling sound followed by stomach cramps and can possibly relate to a situation similar to this Woman's. Yet will never talk about it and hope no one will ever know.

Last edited:

Whistlekiller

I have the utmost sympathy with those suffering bowel trouble but if they did it in my front garden without subsequently offering to clean it up, I'd prosecute them. I don't see why it should be any different on a train station, particularly as it's a public area with all the inherent risks of infection.

This link sums it all up quite succinctly.

http://youtu.be/zyYfBS2Y1xQ

<D

455driver

Veteran Member
GarethJohn, are any of your posts relevant to this incident or are you just trying to excuse her behaviour by trying to make it the Railways fault!

If, as I suspect, none of it is then maybe next time I want a c**p you would like me to come round your house and s**t on your front room carpet!

Here are some relevant questions for you-
Was she suffering from a stomach bug?
Was she in some other way ill?
Was she p*ssed?
Did the train she got off have working toilets?
Is she a fine upstanding member of society or is she a scummer?

GarethJohn

I have the utmost sympathy with those suffering bowel trouble but if they did it in my front garden without subsequently offering to clean it up, I'd prosecute them. I don't see why it should be any different on a train station, particularly as it's a public area with all the inherent risks of infection.

This link sums it all up quite succinctly.

http://youtu.be/zyYfBS2Y1xQ

<D

I reckon she sought a relatively secluded area or she would of been caught there and then with a Mobile Phone.
If she went out of the way to create a dirty protest then she would have done it in full view and CCTV and a Newspaper article wouldn't be needed to find her. If the CCTV operator watched her do it why didn't they use the address system? Or call Police there and then?
What I do hope is that Train Stations think about leaving it's toilets open later as this could of prevented this happening and it wasn't as if it was very late at night. She would of been embarrassed enough about it anyway. Now she may now lose her Job. I cannot fathom how She might be feeling now it's in the local Paper. Couldn't they have waited until prosecution?
I think if anyone has ever been in a similar situation will have the utmost sympathy. Those who do not pick up after their Dog are no better.

merlodlliw

Established Member
Wrexham/ Denbighshire /Flintshire triangle
I reckon she sought a relatively secluded area or she would of been caught there and then with a Mobile Phone.
If she went out of the way to create a dirty protest then she would have done it in full view and CCTV and a Newspaper article wouldn't be needed to find her. If the CCTV operator watched her do it why didn't they use the address system? Or call Police there and then?
What I do hope is that Train Stations think about leaving it's toilets open later as this could of prevented this happening and it wasn't as if it was very late at night. She would of been embarrassed enough about it anyway. Now she may now lose her Job. I cannot fathom how She might be feeling now it's in the local Paper. Couldn't they have waited until prosecution?
I think if anyone has ever been in a similar situation will have the utmost sympathy. Those who do not pick up after their Dog are no better.

British Transport Police put her picture out to the media, she was reported within hours,without knowing where she defecated on the platform,we will never know if it was secluded,but on June 12th it was daylight until 1030.
What makes you think she has a job? Has for waiting for prosecution,she was cautioned, so I presume BTP press office released the story to the media.

Established Member
No defence for this dirty cow, but knowing sloppy (!) ATW, chances are both toilets on the train were out of use, and Llandudno Junction station is locked up and deserted after tea time.

She could have at least posted her 'complaint' to the Operations Director in Cardiff :P

GarethJohn

No defence for this dirty cow, but knowing sloppy (!) ATW, chances are both toilets on the train were out of use, and Llandudno Junction station is locked up and deserted after tea time.

She could have at least posted her 'complaint' to the Operations Director in Cardiff :P

I reckon there are regular contributors to this very Forum that can identify with the situation she could have been in.
As this is a forum with a lot of commuters who frequently use Trains & Stations without facilities. And staff who are in a Job (Train Drivers for eg) that places them in a no win situation when they are placed in a similar situation. A carrier bag can be very handy from what I've heard:oops:

jamesst

In an ideal world she would have held for her next Train or walked to the nearest Pub but!!
People do not choose **** on a Train station unless there is absolutely no alternative.Were Toilets open on the Station? Did she do it in a place for everyone too see? If it was ''out of view'' then this may explain why Station staff didn't see her go?
Do you know why she was so desperate to go where she did? There maybe a genuine reason.
She could of had a sudden problem which meant that she couldn't use the Train without missing the stop, believing that a Train Station toilet would be open She ''held on'' then without being able to control herself found a relatively secluded spot to relieve herself that would been a far better outcome for her and fellow passengers than ****ting herself and walking around with it.
If it happened to you would you ask a member of staff for cleaning equipment? Or would you attempt to get away trying to maintain as much dignity as you could in that situation and hoping you haven't attracted any attention?
What would you do in her situation?

I hate to blow your blame game here but many people do choose to defecate on platforms,trains,waiting rooms etc for no good reason. Attach yourself to a member of traincrew for a couple of weeks of earlies and lates and you'll soon see...

Last edited:

455driver

Veteran Member
I hate to blow your blame game here but many people do choose to defecate on platforms,trains,waiting rooms etc for no good reason. Attach yourself to a member of traincrew for a couple of weeks of earlies and lates and you'll soon see...

Especially on a Friday or Saturday night, it doesnt matter if the train has toilets or not the passengers will still p++s, s++t and puke wherever they want.

GarethJohn

Especially on a Friday or Saturday night, it doesnt matter if the train has toilets or not the passengers will still p++s, s++t and puke wherever they want.

I reckon that most will choose a bog if they could. There will always be a few who do it out of spite or because they've drank or taken Drugs that they couldn't give a ****.
If you were suffering from severe Diarrhea and were ''touching cloth'' with nowhere to go would you **** yourself or pull your keks down and have a pooh in an area where you thought you couldn't be seen?

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I reckon there are regular contributors to this very Forum that can identify with the situation she could have been in.
As this is a forum with a lot of commuters who frequently use Trains & Stations without facilities. And staff who are in a Job (Train Drivers for eg) that places them in a no win situation when they are placed in a similar situation. A carrier bag can be very handy from what I've heard:oops:

Whatever her motive, by defecating then walking away rather than trying to find staff, apologising and explaining that she had a problem, she can hardly blame people for being suspicious. Unfortunately there are many people who do so intentionally and walking away just makes her look like one of them.

If she had done what I suggested then there would be much less criticism if she was genuinely caught short. Railway staff are trained professionals and, most importantly, humans. They would show compassion and understanding because as you say, it could well be anyone in that situation.

455driver

Veteran Member
I reckon that most will choose a bog if they could. There will always be a few who do it out of spite or because they've drank or taken Drugs that they couldn't give a ****.
If you were suffering from severe Diarrhea and were ''touching cloth'' with nowhere to go would you **** yourself or pull your keks down and have a pooh in an area where you thought you couldn't be seen?

If I had to do such a thing (in 50 years I have always managed not to), I would at least have the decency to tell somebody about the mess and not just walk away.

Last edited:

trivran

Whatever her motive, by defecating then walking away rather than trying to find staff, apologising and explaining that she had a problem, she can hardly blame people for being suspicious. Unfortunately there are many people who do so intentionally and walking away just makes her look like one of them.

If she had done what I suggested then there would be much less criticism if she was genuinely caught short. Railway staff are trained professionals and, most importantly, humans. They would show compassion and understanding because as you say, it could well be anyone in that situation.
If I had to do such a thing (in 50 years I have always managed not to), I would at least have the decency to tell somebody about the mess and not just walk away.
If I was ever in the position of needing to do such a thing I'd rather tell as few people as possible!

Clip

Established Member
If I was ever in the position of needing to do such a thing I'd rather tell as few people as possible!

Ahh so you would just leave the mess for some poor bugger to find then and maybe step on? Brilliant.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator

Then you can't blame people for being suspicious of your motives because looking at the actions in isolation, it is a quite disgusting thing to do.

Sometimes there is no perfect answer, in a situation like this, realistically you can only choose between so-called "saving face" and being quite embarrassed but avoiding all the potential uproar if identified.

GarethJohn

Never felt or had the feeling after eating or drinking something bad that upset your stomach in such a way that controlling your bowels are impossible and the only two options are as discussed before ? Never had IBS ? A condition that is misunderstood by many unless they experience it.

Cannot relate to any of these situations?
http://forums.redissue.co.uk/showthread.php?t=117415

And would you truly seek a stranger/staff (if there was any) too explain you **** on a Platform out of desperation while possibly smelling of it at the same time or would you make a sharp exit to avoid further embarrassment?

Although a lifestyle of only ever eating the correct food never drinking in dodgy Pub's or trying Real scrumpy for the first time, or never having taken medication is you. Do you live like a Monk?

Last edited:

455driver

Veteran Member
Felt (and been) poorly many times but always manged to use the loo or some other recepticle, never had the need to s++t on the floor, either I have been lucky or I have more body control than some.

My ex-wife had IBS but again always manged not to s++t on the floor.

Keep going though, your ability to make excuses for any bad behaviour is quite amusing really, even when it probably has absolutely nothing to do with this incident .

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
You may feel embarrassed, but that is something that only exists in your head. It is not an excuse for disgusting behaviour. Defacating in a public place is disgusting behaviour, but with a good reason people will be understanding. Leaving a pile of crap behind without informing anyone shows blatant disrespect towards people who work there and other travelling public, and embarrassment is not an excuse for that.

I reiterate, there are only two realistic alternatives, neither of which are perfect, but that is why we don't live in an ideal world.

Antman

Established Member
If the lady did have some medical problem and (understandably) felt too embarrased to tell anyone then I can sympathise, on the other hand she may have just been a disgusting old hag, I guess we'll never know.

meridian2

I suggest anyone hoping not to ever be in her situation avoids Train travel if ill with a stomach bug, taking medication with side affects, Real Cider festivals or Pub's with dodgy Beer.
There are many other situations that can trigger an unwanted bowel movement. I bet many have experienced a gurgling sound followed by stomach cramps and can possibly relate to a situation similar to this Woman's. Yet will never talk about it and hope no one will ever know.

Lots of assumptions there for an argument so cluttered with straw it looks like it escaped from the Wicker Man.

Do yourself a very big favour. Stay at home when you're ill. Tuck yourself into bed and the next time you want to come on here spouting BS, you will do best to think about people's responsibilities and the difference between right and wrong and their behaviour in public.

I hope they through the book at her. Llandudno Junction is a beautiful station and I hope they managed to sort the mess out quickly.

(sorry, feeling very taciturn today).

:-x

GarethJohn

Lots of assumptions there for an argument so cluttered with straw it looks like it escaped from the Wicker Man.

Do yourself a very big favour. Stay at home when you're ill. Tuck yourself into bed and the next time you want to come on here spouting BS, you will do best to think about people's responsibilities and the difference between right and wrong and their behaviour in public.

I hope they through the book at her. Llandudno Junction is a beautiful station and I hope they managed to sort the mess out quickly.

(sorry, feeling very taciturn today).

:-x

I'll remember about responsibilities to the Public when On Train cleaners flush toilets while in platforms

Status
Not open for further replies.