• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Worcester & Gloucester depots GWR

PlexiDriver

Hey everyone

Does anyone happen to know how often vacancies come up for these depots?

Is there generally a good feeling around them and the like?

Are they highly sought after or not so much?

Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
Gloucester seems to have more intake than Worcester these days I find (has a bigger headcount I think too), well certainly in recent times. I'm not sure there is many/any still in training drivers at Worcester currently.

PlexiDriver

Gloucester seems to have more intake than Worcester these days I find (has a bigger headcount I think too), well certainly in recent times. I'm not sure there is many/any still in training drivers at Worcester currently.
What about for qualified drivers?

tiptoptaff

Established Member
What about for qualified drivers?
Ditto.

Worcester is fairly well subscribed, as it was a brand new depot, a lot of the drivers there are a "good" age, and so there isn't likely to be all that much natural wastage in the near future.

Gloucesssssssssssssterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr is a really nice depot. It has a really good variety of work, both in terms of routes and traction, and the staff across all grades all get on really well. It's like a close-knit family.