• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Worcester To Stansted Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcleaver

I am looking for tickets that get me between Worcester and Stansted Airport.

I am flying at 0900 (21 March) from Stansted so will need to start my journey on Friday (20th March) and stay over. I am going stay near Queens Park underground station (London) with family. And am returning at 1330 on Saturday 28th) and will return straight back to Worcester.

Currently I am looking at:

• On Friday 20th March

• 1849 Worcester Foregate Street to London Paddington 2059

• Underground from Paddington to Queens Park

• On Saturday 21th March

• Underground from Queens Park to Baker Street

• Underground from Baker Street to London Liverpool Street

• 0655 London Liverpool Street to Stansted Airport 0743

• On Saturday 28th March

• 1430 Stansted Airport to London Liverpool Street 1517

• Underground from London Liverpool Street to London Paddington

• 1620 London Paddington to Worcester Foregate Street 1855

I have a 16-25 railcard. I reckon this will cost £44.60 using 2x Zone 1-2 @ £1.50 each and Super Offpeak Return between Worcester and Stansted Airport route STRD/evesham @ £41.60.

Is it possible to do this plan on theses tickets? I am a little confused if my break over night on the way out is valid.

Secondly is there any cheaper way of doing this? I can't leave Worcester until after 1800 and I don't really want a advanced ticket as don't know if the plane will be on time (had problems with advanced tickets and planes before!).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Overnight break of journey is allowed on the outward portion of a super off-peak return from Worcester Foregate Street to Stansted Airport.

Are you using Oyster PAYG for your underground fares with the railcard discount loaded? You'll probably find it a bit quicker to pick up the Stansted Express from Tottenham Hale rather than going round to Liverpool Street. Simply take the Bakerloo Lone to Oxford Circus and change to the Victoria Line. Tottenham Hale is in Zone 3 si it'll cost about 50p more each way.

I don't think you'll beat the price of the through super off-peak fare.

theageofthetra

On Moderation
Out of interest how long can you take over the outward leg with a super off-peak. Is it just one overnight?

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Until 0429 on day 3, I believe.

button_boxer

Established Member
Are you using Oyster PAYG for your underground fares with the railcard discount loaded? You'll probably find it a bit quicker to pick up the Stansted Express from Tottenham Hale rather than going round to Liverpool Street. Simply take the Bakerloo Lone to Oxford Circus and change to the Victoria Line. Tottenham Hale is in Zone 3 si it'll cost about 50p more each way.

It'd only be the extra 50p one way, as on the return journey the Stansted to Worcester ticket would cover the underground between Tottenham Hale and Paddington. Though in that direction it may be easier to go via Liverpool Street anyway, the Hammersmith and City line direct to Paddington brings you out at ground level in the main part of Paddington station.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
It'd only be the extra 50p one way, as on the return journey the Stansted to Worcester ticket would cover the underground between Tottenham Hale and Paddington. Though in that direction it may be easier to go via Liverpool Street anyway, the Hammersmith and City line direct to Paddington brings you out at ground level in the main part of Paddington station.

Good point about the return underground journey. Although I'd go from Tottenham Hale to Kings Cross St Pancras on the Victoria Line and change there to the H&C to Paddington - that quite a short walk for Kings Cross!

Status
Not open for further replies.