• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

World's Busiest Stations - Channel 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

DelW

Established Member
On channel 5 at 7pm tonight (28th Sep), "World's Busiest Train (sic) Stations", starting with Zurich Hauptbahnhof. Billed as new in my listings mag, though that's not always reliable, but in this case I don't remember having seen it before. No indication of how many episodes are intended.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Probably a channel 5 thing where they start a series and then randomly stop it half way through. I can remember watching 3 or 4 episodes from other stations (about a year or so ago) but not Zurich.

DelW

Established Member
Yes, C5 certainly have form on that score. I thought I'd seen some programmes on stations some while ago, but I might have been thinking of sections of Tim Dunn's railway architecture series.

Edited to add:
I watched the programme, which was quite interesting in a similar vein to "Paddington 24/7" and others.
Notable that even the Swiss railway, often held up as the epitome of efficiency and punctuality, has its own problems with failed trains, drunken youths fighting, pax taken ill, pax arguing with staff, etc. It was implied that these all occurred within the course of a day, but I suspect it might have been made up of incidents recorded over a longer period.

Last edited:

Established Member
I found it quite interesting as well. I was amazed at the size of the diversion for the Zurich - Germany services on the first incident as it looked quite big to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.