• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Worthing to Torquay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomp94

I am going from Worthing to Torquay via Barnham and Salisbury on Monday.
I've split the tickets.

Worthing to Salisbury (change at Fratton)
Salisbury to Gillingham (stay on train)
Gillingham to Torquay (change at Exeter)

The Salisbury to Gillingham ticket is marked as 'evening out single'... so I am assuming that I cannot leave Salisbury before midday?

What is the earliest train I can get in this instance? I had planned on at 8x departure from Worthing but may have to leave a few hours later as I don't fancy a long wait in Salisbury

Thank you for your help

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pokemonsuper9

Established Member
The Salisbury to Gillingham ticket is marked as 'evening out single'... so I am assuming that I cannot leave Salisbury before midday?

What is the earliest train I can get in this instance? I had planned on at 8x departure from Worthing but may have to leave a few hours later as I don't fancy a long wait in Salisbury
Taking a look at the restriction code for the evening out single (put a similar journey into trainsplit to find it).
Looks like any train that is timed to depart at 12:01 or later is indeed allowed, with no restriction on Sundays
1692300826481.png

Veteran Member
Correct.

If you have an Offpeak Single from Worthing, that isn't valid before 0900 anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.