• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

would this bother you?Or would you 'expect' it on a train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ham

Established Member
Although it is not easy to keep our two year old quite and/or well behaved, it is possible to calm her down. Stickers are good (although sorry to any staff who find a few left after we've gone), as are books, snacks, a (supervised) walk along the train, looking out the window, etc.

They are not perfect, but just before there first birthday my wife and her parents took them on a 4 hour flight when they first boarded there were many passengers who took one look at them and looked and was obvious from their faces they were thinking "Oh great!". However with a bit of effort (and said child being cute) at the end of the flight vaious people comented on how well befaved they were. On the way back there were a lot of the same people so a lot less "Oh great!" looks at the start.

This year (nearly two) when we all went I would have to apologies to the person in front who had their chair back kicked a few times (maybe as many as 12 individual kicks) on the way out, although after each one a sturn word was said to our child and a new distraction instigated shortly after. It didn't last long and because they now understand what we expect as good behaviour it didn't occur on the way back.

Yes there would be those who would find even that too much unrully behaviour, but most people are understanding when at least a reasonable effort is made.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aldaniti

First Class usually avoids the problem. If I can't travel first for whatever reason I drive, where my exposure to the aforementioned problem is limited to watching the odd chavmobile pass by with a sticker declaring 'princess on board'.

Status
Not open for further replies.