• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Yorcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hojay

Hello all,

I've read about the Yorcard smartcard pilot in South/West Yorkshire - but to the best of my knowledge this has been in pilot for some time.

Can anyone fill me in on the details, as to when it will be expected to be rolled out across Yorkshire? Has it been delayed or was the pilot planned to go on for some time?

It would be great to have an Oyster-like smartcard system operating in the area!

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
There have, apparently, been various delays to the project - I heard it had been canned...

I'm not sure I'd relish it to be honest - TfL do a bad enough job of running Oyster as it is, and the SYPTE can't run a bath let alone a transport service.

Hojay

There have, apparently, been various delays to the project - I heard it had been canned...

I'm not sure I'd relish it to be honest - TfL do a bad enough job of running Oyster as it is, and the SYPTE can't run a bath let alone a transport service.

Thanks for that Tom.

That's a shame, I'd been looking forward to the day smartcards hit Huddersfield! Out of curiosity, I know it seems to have been going on forever, but where did you hear it had been cancelled?

Status
Not open for further replies.