• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Your Model Railway Village

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found this in Asda tonight, it comes with a length of straight track what looks like a Bachmann mk1 coach a magazine part of a track mat and
some info on the next issues. All this for £3.99! It also hints at an offer of a Bachmann Jinty and electrics puls a speed controller.

http://modelrailwayvillage.com/index.html

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

crispy1978

Just fund this in Asda tonight, it comes with a length of straight track what looks like a Bachmann mk1 coach a magazine part of a track mat and some info on the next issues. All this for £3.99! It also hints at an offer of a Bachmann Jinty and electrics puls a speed controller.

£8.99 for future magazines! If it wasn't so pricey, I'd be buying it!!

Total Cost is £1,074. And for that if you read the small print you don't get everything that is illustrated. Some things are merely projects within the accompanying magazine.
These sort of things are always expensive (I'm a Newsagent and I sell them), you are far better saving the £9 and over time I'm sure you could buy lots more stuff than what comes with this product.

deltic1989

Established Member
I subscribed to this and got my 1st issue in the post today. It seems to me to be a reasonable way of spreading the cost of building a model railway.
I don't really plan to follow the track plan but use the track, buildings etc in my own arrangement to create something that is my own and will fit my house better.

EM2

Established Member
I bought six copies of issue 1, just for the coaches. They're not brilliant but I only want them to practice repainting, weathering, detailing etc.
Doubt I'll buy any others though.

I bought six copies of issue 1, just for the coaches. They're not brilliant but I only want them to practice repainting, weathering, detailing etc.
Doubt I'll buy any others though.

I did the same, I bought them so I could turn them into West Coast mk1s as per the Harry Potter set.

crewmeal

No wonder it's expensive the way they are advertising on major tv channels. Suppose you have to speculate to accumalate.

Rhydgaled

Established Member
Is this a 00 guage model? What type of mrk1 is it, brake/kitchen/standard/composite? Might try and find some copies of issue 1, I'd like some 00 guage mrk1s to try painting up as the Pride Of The Nation rake ('plum and spilt milk' I think the colour scheme was).

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
It is an SK and they are unnumbered, Issue two is due out soon I think so get issue one in shops while you can or scan that well known auction website for them, one seller I have seen appears to be selling his £4 coaches for the low value of £38(ish) for 3, a bargain, I'm sure they will be snapped up.

Issue 1 will be on sale for another week though may sell out in the big stores. Try your little local newsagent for a copy (we haven't sold any!).

Rhydgaled

Established Member
British racing green and spilt milk (Though quite often just referred to as "cream"). Definitely not plum!
Not green when I saw them: like this, they have probably been repainted since though. Strictly speaking most should be FOs, but I'm not too bothered about being that accurate if I can get similar coaches for arround £4 instead of nearly £20.

sprinterguy

Established Member
Not green when I saw them: like this, they have probably been repainted since though. Strictly speaking most should be FOs, but I'm not too bothered about being that accurate if I can get similar coaches for arround £4 instead of nearly £20.
Ah, okay. I used to see the rake regularly in its green & cream guise during its final years between 2002 and 2005, and hadn't realised that it had seen an earlier incarnation. :oops:

455driver

Veteran Member
That's what I was hoping :D

Well I am going on a hunt tomorrow for another half a dozen or so, if it works out fruitless I would be interested in half a dozen if you do postage, just the coaches though you can recycle the rest of it.

Well I am going on a hunt tomorrow for another half a dozen or so, if it works out fruitless I would be interested in half a dozen if you do postage, just the coaches though you can recycle the rest of it.

Good luck. Try the smaller shops think you should find odd ones their.

We have 3 left. I will weigh them this pm & see what postage would be - a lot more than 99p though!!

VauxhallandI

Established Member
I failed to find any of the buggers near me.

We wanted to use them as stock to leave at our club

TheEdge

Established Member
Good luck. Try the smaller shops think you should find odd ones their.

We have 3 left. I will weigh them this pm & see what postage would be - a lot more than 99p though!!

But probably a lot less than three model coaches! :lol:

mangler

Hi there,Just registered to add my pennies worth,some years back my son went off his Scalextric and bought a Hornby"Smoky Joe" set,so we built a very large 4 track layout in our loft,once the track was down we started to buy the scenery WOW what a pricey items they can be,well now he's lost interest in his train set and started to collect"Raleigh choppers",so the layout covered in dust,well now with"my model railway village"we are starting again.
I too brought 6 issue 1 for a"train"for the price of 1 coach.
I have also gone DD through the post but also brought issue's 2,3,4 from the local shop.
So we have 6 coaches,2 station buildings & 2 level crossings.
All this to blend in with the Hornby Scaledale building we already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.