• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Youtube links and Video sites

Y961 XBU

Yesterday i recorded the latest 2 Merseyrail Trains go for scrap alongside the day to day running's at Bidston, Next up Mondays scrap move.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
TrainDriverBrian is good YoTube channel. Freightliner driver based at Crewe

Lineside SE

In this issue Class 37s on stock move and test train duties, the Network Rail HST, the Hasting Unit on tour, a Deltic on the ECML and Class 47s on rail tours and stock moves.

Y961 XBU

On the 4th September i spent around an hour recording Trains arrive & depart Liverpool Central Wirral Line, Good mix of Classes 507, 508 & 777s.

Lineside SE

In this video I have raided my archive for a look back at the mighty HSTs working on the Great Western route before the end came in 2019. Plus a look at the "Castle Sets" at work in the west during the summer of 2023.

Y961 XBU

On the 21st September Merseyrail 777020 and 777026 where Delivered to the Merseyrail Network, I believe there is a 777/1 at Warrington waiting to be brought up aswell.

Lineside SE

A look back at the HSTs at work on the ECML with GNER, National Express, Virgin and LNER. Plus Grand Central, the Network Rail New Measurement Train (NMT) and the Blue Pullman.

Aarchive

My father and I made some videos of the railways around the south west. I have been updating them and putting them on YouTube.

The newest one is Plymouth to Launceston via Tavistock South:

This one has had a bit of an update, but I am planning on filming newer footage of the line now.

Y961 XBU

Yesterday Merseyrail 508117 and 508130 Departed for scrap, I recorded this and a bit of the day to day running before they departed Bidston TMD.

Y961 XBU

On the 5th October Headbolt Lane Station finally opened, I decided to pay a visit in the early afternoon once all the "hype" had dyed down a bit, Hopefully the Station is well used by the locals and shows the investment here was worth it!

Y961 XBU

On the 6th October i spent an hour or so at Sandhills recording Merseyrail Trains arrive & depart the Station, I feel this is currently the best location on the Merseyrail Network for a good mix of new & old, Was a bit windy due to station design :)

Lineside SE

In this issue Class 50s and Class 37s on stock moves, Class 47s on tour and the RHTT season kicks off with Class 69, Class 73 and Class 66 traction.

Y961 XBU

On the 12th October Merseyrail 777024 was delivered to the Merseyrail Network, It is seen her passing Rainhill Railway Station. 777028 and 777030 remain at Warrington for the time being.

Ash Saini

Hi not really sure what to say but I make train videos when I have a chance to for example my visit to Goring & Streatley Station recently and I also make bus videos

Class43lover

Hello everyone if your looking for a good train spotting YouTube channel to browse through then maybe you could check out mine: @thatyattonspotter tomorrows upload will be the 2 railadventure sets that passed with the XC mk 3s this afternoon

Aarchive

I've started on making a series of Stations Around the South West. I've been working on a video of the Durston to Yeovil railway, so one of the first video I made in this new series is about Hendford Station & Halt, Yeovil, Somerset.

Lineside SE

I have decided to re-edit and re-publish my previous video looking at the Class 57s. The new and hopefully improved version will be in three parts this time with a voiceover and additional footage and images. In the first part I will be looking at the 57/0s that have been operated by Freightliner, Advenza and Direct Rail Services (DRS). In later episodes I will look at the 57/6s and the 57/3s.

Lineside SE

The Class 57 Story, First Great Western, Network Rail, Direct Rail Services (DRS) and West Coast Railways

Aarchive

Originally shot in 1995, No 3 engine is getting ready at the Plym Valley Railway in Plymouth, Devon. Thank you to everyone who let us film on the line that day and sorry the quality isn't the best, I am hoping up update it soon.

ac6000cw

Established Member
Another side of US railroading...

In 2014 I came across a lengthy procession of CSX Maintenance-of-Way vehicles setting off from the grade crossing at Fairhope, PA to work on track renewal work further up Sand Patch Grade. This is the procession (and the preceding freight train on the same track) condensed into 11 minutes of video - enjoy!

My channel - https://www.youtube.com/@ac6044cw/videos

Railwaysceptic

Established Member
Ben Elias has uploaded a new and very welcome driver's eye view video from Derby to Preston . . . .

. . . which plugs a few gaps in coverage of the railway network. Derby to Stenson Junction, the Lichfield Single and Newton-le-Willows to Golborne Junction are all included.

Last edited:

Ash Saini

On Saturday the 28th of October I had planned on visiting Micheldever & Winchester but due to road flooding I changed my plans to Whitchurch & Andover

Lineside SE

A look back at the HSTs at work on the MML with Midland Mainline, East Midlands Trains and East Midlands Railway (EMR). Plus a look at the Data Acquisition & Testing Services Ltd (DATS) Midland Mainline Overhead Line Inspection Train.