• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Youtube links and Video sites

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stokesy

Hello all!

I’ve recently realised that I enjoy filming trains & editing the results into little videos. I don’t have any fancy equipment as yet, but I’ve been pleasantly pleased with the results. I’m lucky enough to live near the Severn Valley Railway, so here is what came of a morning at Bewdley a couple of weeks ago….

A Morning at Bewdley - Beautiful Steam Trains!

Lineside SE

‘Freightliner Railfreight Variety’ featuring Class 66, Class 70 and Class 90 diesel and electric locomotives operated by Freightliner hard at work on a variety freight workings during 2023.

The Gulf, Colorado & Santa Fe Railway Company has an interesting history. The Railroad & Heritage Museum at Temple, TX tells the story from the perspective of the city's part in the growth of the Railroad. After a recent visit I put this little video together.

Lineside SE

With DB Cargo UK recently announcing that it intends to withdraw all of its remaining operational Class 60s I have taken the opportunity to look back at the history of the class followed by a compilation of EWS/DB Class 60 workings in recent years.

Lineside SE

Remembering the Class 86s, once a common sight working passenger, mail and freight but now only rarely seen on the UK mainline.

Y961 XBU

On the 20th November 2023 i spent a couple of hours at Liverpool South Parkway recording the day to day service, 319375 was also departing for scrap on this date which was the main reason i went out, Got some more footage over the last couple of months to sort out and once my health is better i plan to get out again.

Lineside SE

A look back at the history of Cross Country Trains, including the British Rail Intercity era, the Virgin and the current Arriva CrossCountry franchises.

Y961 XBU

On the 9th December i recorded Northern Rail 319369 Depart Wigan North Western on a Liverpool Lime Street Service, Apparently this is sat at Allerton waiting to be collected for Scrap.

Lineside SE

With the recent announcement that Direct Rail Services is to retire its fleet of Class 37 locomotives in this video I look back at the DRS Class 37s in action on the mainline. In this first part I look at Railtours, Charters, the “Cruise Saver Express" Boat Trains, the ‘Caroline’ Inspection Saloon, nuclear flask traffic and other freight operations. In a following episode I will look at the passenger operation on the Cumbrian Coast and the Wherry Lines in East Anglia, test trains, rail head treatment trains, stock moves and loco convoys.

ac6000cw

Established Member
A Mirrlees-engined afternoon at Ely recently, with ROG/Europhoenix 37 901 'Mirrlees Pioneer', and DCRail 60 055 'Thomas Barnardo' both in the station area at the same time:

Also a short video of Cappagh liveried, DCRail 60 028 departing Peterborough on a Middleton Towers - St. Helens sand train in August last year:

ac6000cw

Established Member
Historical video from a September 2013 trip to the USA, covering the mountainous area west of Roanoke, VA through Bluefield, WV to Welch, WV. It was often wet (pretty heavy rain at times), so that sometimes I was having to hold the camera in one hand and an umbrella in the other... (you can hear the rain in some of the video). But plenty of Norfolk Southern action, old position-light signals and hard climbs on wet rails up to Elkhorn and Montgomery tunnels with heavy trains. Plus a bonus heritage-liveried SD70ACe and an overtake coming out of Montgomery tunnel.

Enjoy!

Lineside SE

With the recent announcement that Direct Rail Services is to retire its fleet of Class 37 locomotives in this video I look back at the DRS Class 37s in action on the mainline. In this second episode I will look at the passenger operation on the Cumbrian Coast and the Wherry Lines in East Anglia, test trains, rail head treatment trains, stock moves and loco convoys.

ac6000cw

Established Member
Video from the Great Central Railway 'Railways At Work' event in March 2022, featuring a variety of classic BR & LMS steam and diesel traction recreating early 1960s freight and passenger operations. The last train is a steam double-header, with BR 4MT 2-6-4T + 5MT 4-6-0 departing in fine style!

simple simon

Transport For Wales Class 230 D-Trains At Bidston

Two Class 230 trains call at Bidston Station which is also served by Wirral line Merseyrail Class 777 trains travelling between Liverpool and West Kirby (Class 777 trains are not included in this film).

Class 230 trains are former London Underground District line subsurface D stock trains which were converted and up-scaled for second lives by the former company called Vivarail.

There is also a short still image slideshow looking inside the trains.

These trains are used on the route between Bidston and Wrexham, only some journeys use them - other journeys use different trains.

Much went wrong when filming this - the train that came first was running early and I was looking in the opposite direction in anticipation of the other train. I had rainwater on my camera lens and some of the footage is somewhat unsteady. For this I apologise.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I have just uploaded this, which shows a full run along the pier ( well... where else...?! :lol: ) of the Hythe Pier Railway on 12th October 2010.

Lineside SE

A look at the West Anglia Main Line featuring the now withdrawn Greater Anglia Class 170s, Class 317s and Class 379s, and the new build Class 720s, Class 745s and Class 755s which replaced them. I will also look at the freight, RHTT and other special working that operate over the line.

Lineside SE

In this issue an HST returns to the Midland Mainline, freight with Class 60 and Class 56 power, a Class 40 on tour, Class 47s on railtours and a stock moves plus unseen footage from the end of 2023 and the start of 2024.