• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

wintonian

Established Member
PM if you need multiple codes. (All legitimate I might add.)

In which case I'll also point out this bit in case they don't work:

The discount code may be used in conjunction with Railcard and Child discounts, but cannot be used in conjunction with any further promotion or discounts. However the Railcard discounts cannot be used in conjunction with the First Class promotional discounts.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

firespire

£25 First Class and £10 Standard one-way train fares across the East Coast route, for travel between 3 January – 2 March 2012 (excluding 10 – 19 February) limited availability on Fridays and Sundays and to/from Scotland on Tues 3 Jan.

book by midnight 19 December 2011
http://www.eastcoast.co.uk/gift

The special fares are available for travel from: London King’s Cross, Stevenage, Peterborough, Grantham, Newark Northgate, Lincoln, Retford, Doncaster, Wakefield Westgate, Leeds, Harrogate, Horsforth, York, Northallerton, Darlington, Durham, Newcastle, Morpeth, Alnmouth, Berwick upon Tweed, Dunbar, Edinburgh Waverley, Haymarket, Motherwell, Glasgow Central and East Coast calling stations to Aberdeen and Inverness.

400,000 Standard and 100,000 First Class tickets available. Railcard and child discount not allowed and no other offers or discounts can be applied; £5 supplement applies for access to First Class Lounges with First Class ticket purchase (no access with Standard tickets); no changes, no refunds and no break of journey permitted.

wintonian

Established Member
£25 First Class and £10 Standard one-way train fares across the East Coast route, for travel between 3 January – 2 March 2012 (excluding 10 – 19 February) limited availability on Fridays and Sundays and to/from Scotland on Tues 3 Jan.

book by midnight 19 December 2011
http://www.eastcoast.co.uk/gift

The special fares are available for travel from: London King’s Cross, Stevenage, Peterborough, Grantham, Newark Northgate, Lincoln, Retford, Doncaster, Wakefield Westgate, Leeds, Harrogate, Horsforth, York, Northallerton, Darlington, Durham, Newcastle, Morpeth, Alnmouth, Berwick upon Tweed, Dunbar, Edinburgh Waverley, Haymarket, Motherwell, Glasgow Central and East Coast calling stations to Aberdeen and Inverness.

400,000 Standard and 100,000 First Class tickets available. Railcard and child discount not allowed and no other offers or discounts can be applied; £5 supplement applies for access to First Class Lounges with First Class ticket purchase (no access with Standard tickets); no changes, no refunds and no break of journey permitted.

Dam! this is either slightly to early or slightly to late for me.

Bungle73

On Moderation
That's great. Thanks!

Just a heads up, you can now get access to the EC FC lounge (on any ticket) by spending 50 points on EC's reward scheme.

Furrball

East Coast are turning booking tickets into a bit of a lottery - the whole campaign of book in advance to get the best fares but then they frequently offer promotions like this resulting in the tickets you purchased in advance being more expensive!!!

Deerfold

Veteran Member
East Coast are turning booking tickets into a bit of a lottery - the whole campaign of book in advance to get the best fares but then they frequently offer promotions like this resulting in the tickets you purchased in advance being more expensive!!!

That's not new though. When I started using this route 4 years ago, GNER ran a £5 ticket campaign covering dates which had been available for some time. I know it annoyed some people I sat next to who saw the price and had booked well before be (it was excellently timed for me though). Similar offers have happened about 4 times that I've noticed.

All Line Rover

Established Member

I can't agree more with this - Virgin do the same when they have their "First Class Seat Sales" and it is extremely frustrating. The whole point of Advance tickets is that they are supposed to be cheaper the further you book in advance - these "sales" make Advance tickets pointless!

I'm not saying that I don't like sales (I do ;)) but it would be nice if East Coast (and Virgin) could run them at the same time as they release Advance tickets.

For example, if a sale runs for two weeks for tickets during May, the following shoud happen: When Advance tickets for May 1st are released, sale tickets for May 1st are released and are available until May 14th. When Advance tickets for May 2nd are released, sale tickets for May 2nd are released and are available until May 15th. Etc..., etc... until Advance tickets are released for May 31st, when sale tickets are also released for May 31st and are available until June 14th, when the sale ends.

I'm sure the above suggestion would please a lot of passengers. As long as East Coast advertise the sale way before it starts, they are likely to get just as much (if not more) revenue, and passengers are guranteed the cheapest tickets if they book in Advance!

Last edited:

btcc fan

Booked on this East Coast offer in January.

£25 for first class on Friday at 19.33 to Wakefield. The £10 standard wasn't available for that train and with the advance ticket being £21.95 (with rail card) I decided to pay the extra for first class.

Coming back on a £10 standard fare.

extendedpaul

Thanks for posting this. I've travelled with East Coast several times and had e mails from them in the past but no notification of this offer.

Managed to get (IMO) the best deal of all - London to Inverness and back first class on the direct services end of Feb - £100 total for two. Even scored Travelodge rooms for £19 a night to go with it. I LOVE a bargain.

lemonic

NXEA £5 Seat Sale:
* 140,000 £5 Advance tickets on NXEA routes
* Book 3-20 Jan on the NXEA website
* For travel between 21 Jan and 14 April.

Note:
*No availability on Sundays due to engineering work
*No availability on Easter Bank Holiday Weekend, 6-9 April
*No availability Monday-Friday leaving Norwich before 10:30 or leaving London Liverpool St between 16:00 and 19:00 inclusive.

http://www.nationalexpresseastanglia.com/seat-sale

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Surely no harm in registering a new email address? ;) Mind you not that I condone such behaviour.

As far as I can see the T&Cs don't forbid you registering multiple accounts with Red Spotted Hanky but they do forbid you for trying to claim the same offer multiple times.

Bungle73

On Moderation
As far as I can see the T&Cs don't forbid you registering multiple accounts with Red Spotted Hanky but they do forbid you for trying to claim the same offer multiple times.
I didn't claim the same offer multiple times, they're different offers. :p

The new £10 voucher is sitting in my account right now btw. ;)