• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
But if you don't enter the code into the correct box you won't get your voucher will you, I would have thought?

I filled in the Name, Postcode, Email, Password etc - the two empty boxes were this and the passport scheme one, I put it in both to be on the safe side :smile:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nedchester

Established Member
How are Red Spotted Hanky able to keep doing these offers?

There's been a Facebook one, Money Saving Expert one and now this Web User one.

Seems you can happily apply for each of these offers by registering an account each time.

You would only be in breach of T&C if you applied twice for the same offer.

Bungle73

On Moderation
How are Red Spotted Hanky able to keep doing these offers?

There's been a Facebook one, Money Saving Expert one and now this Web User one.

Seems you can happily apply for each of these offers by registering an account each time.

You would only be in breach of T&C if you applied twice for the same offer.

There was also that one from the Telegraph, or some newspaper or other.

calc7

Established Member
I presume that means any booking we can make by 31/01/12 (such as for advances available in April)?

Bungle73

On Moderation
In the email... "This discount code gives you £10 0ff an East Midlands Trains booking through this email up to 31/01/2012"

In the email I got it doesn't give a date, it just says "This discount code gives you £10 0ff an East Midlands Trains booking through this email up to", then it's blank.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
That's odd; on my iPad it's blank, but I just had a look on my PC and the date is filled in. :?

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I presume that means any booking we can make by 31/01/12 (such as for advances available in April)?

Speaking from experience of previous promotions of such nature, the answer is "yes". You may use the voucher against any booking that can be made by that date.

EMT seem to have retained this particular page for ongoing promotions of such nature. This is the third time in as many months.

First TransPennine Express "January Sale"
25% Discount

• Book by 31st January, for travel between 5th January and 4th April
  • Advance Purchase only
  • Book via www.tpexpress.co.uk/sale
  • (or use Promotion code TPESALE)

Terms & Conditions

No extra advantage for 16-25 railcard holders that I can see since the discount can't be used in combination with the student offer.

By the way in the first post the link for the student offer should not be the TPExpress homepage it should be /students or use the promotion code TPESTUDENT, otherwise the additional discount will not apply.

As it looks the 34% railcard discount + extra 25% off appears to equal TPE's existing 16-25 discount.

CaptainHaddock

Established Member
For readers of Web User ONLY. Absoultely do not read on if you don't read Web User magazine : ) OK. http://www.redspottedhanky.com/webuser/ The code is RSHWB10 for a £10 voucher.

Has anyone actually received one of these £10 vouchers. The offer states;

"We will then send you a welcome email and an email confirming when your voucher will be available. Please note, vouchers can take up to 72 hours to be added to the created account."

3 days on, all I've received is this ;

"Many thanks for registering with redspottedhanky.com

We are here to help you keep your train travel costs down as well as offering some rather nice benefits along the way.

You can save, on average, an astonishing 51% by booking in advance online rather than at the station on the day*. What's more, we won't charge you any credit or debit card transaction fees, no delivery fees** and now no booking fees, either!

You can also earn Loyalty Points to use against the cost of your next train ticket with us (1 point per every £1 spent). And simply by registering, we have automatically opened a Loyalty Points account for you.

Great rewards and great deals - welcome to redspottedhanky.com"

No mention of a voucher code or how to use it, and when I log into redspottedhanky it tells me I have no loyalty points to redeem.

Bungle73

On Moderation
Has anyone actually received one of these £10 vouchers. The offer states;

"We will then send you a welcome email and an email confirming when your voucher will be available. Please note, vouchers can take up to 72 hours to be added to the created account."

3 days on, all I've received is this ;

"Many thanks for registering with redspottedhanky.com

We are here to help you keep your train travel costs down as well as offering some rather nice benefits along the way.

You can save, on average, an astonishing 51% by booking in advance online rather than at the station on the day*. What's more, we won't charge you any credit or debit card transaction fees, no delivery fees** and now no booking fees, either!

You can also earn Loyalty Points to use against the cost of your next train ticket with us (1 point per every £1 spent). And simply by registering, we have automatically opened a Loyalty Points account for you.

Great rewards and great deals - welcome to redspottedhanky.com"

No mention of a voucher code or how to use it, and when I log into redspottedhanky it tells me I have no loyalty points to redeem.
I got mine a while ago. It's in the eVoucher section of your account.

lfc84

E-vouchers

There are currently no loyalty points available in your account.

lfc84

yes the code went into the correct box. I signed up within minutes of the details being posted here a couple of days ago.

Bungle73

On Moderation
yes the code went into the correct box. I signed up within minutes of the details being posted here a couple of days ago.

It wasn't posted a couple of days ago, it was posted over a week ago. You were probably just too late.

John @ home

Established Member
There are currently no loyalty points available in your account.
From what I remember, it doesn't show as loyalty points. It shows as a code early in the booking process.

So I copied the code intending to enter it on the payment page, but when I got to the final payment page I found that had not been necessary. The voucher code appeared automatically with an adjacent tick-box to apply it.

A successful purchase for me!

Bungle73

On Moderation
From what I remember, it doesn't show as loyalty points. It shows as a code early in the booking process.

So I copied the code intending to enter it on the payment page, but when I got to the final payment page I found that had not been necessary. The voucher code appeared automatically with an adjacent tick-box to apply it.

A successful purchase for me!
It should show up in the eVoucher section. If it's not there you don't have it.

scotsman

Established Member
Virgin Money Credit and Prepaid card holders get 10% off when booking with Virgin Trains

All Line Rover

Established Member
I have a student card, how good is that when buying a train ticket?

If you have an NUS card, you can get a 10% discount on selected CrossCountry fares here: http://www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk/Special_offers/Treats_and_discounts/nus.aspx.

That's it as regards having a student card.

It's much better to purchase a 16-25 Railcard (£28, or £22.40 if you follow the instructions here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3715969). This gets you a discount of 1/3 off most rail fares (exclusions apply, see the T&C's on the 16-25 Railcard website), and a discount of 50% off TPE Advance fares when booked through this link: http://www.tpexpress.co.uk/train-tickets/student-discounts/.