• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

2024 Intercity Charters

Would any future Pacer tours definitely be under Intercity or could they be under a different brand?
Well the last pacer tour was sold through the Intercity website and I really don't think they would fit on any of the other sites so I think its a fair bet thats where they will be, but where to go next Cumbrian coast, or Matlock mybee?? Where would you want to go?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I'd just want to go on wherever it's headed (although would ideally be a day trip starting somewhere in Manc), unfortunately the chances of me being avaliable are very low any time before May.
Well chances are it would start at Sandbach or somewhere like that go via Man Vic and then?? I can't see it spending a long time on any main line due to the top speed so it'll probably do Cross Country somewhere i guess it could fo a tour of seaside resorts say Morecambe Blackpool and Southport during the day with a bit of twiddly red track during the day

The 40 tour to Inverness is now sold out in first class non dining, don't know how much room they have in dining but if you are interested I wouldn't wait. Less than three days goes to show what a bargain it was

Last edited:

Absolutely gutted! That sold out quickly. Maybe next time.
I will book it proper quick if they did a re run with say a pair of 20s or even better the 45 never had a peak north of the border and I would love to

Iskra

Established Member
I will book it proper quick if they did a re run with say a pair of 20s or even better the 45 never had a peak north of the border and I would love to
Yeah I’d love another class 20 tour, the last one LSL did was very popular.

There are some more first class non dining seats released for the Aberdeen tour but now the cost is now £209 each,I'm unsure if that means they are tables for two or what,and I'm unsure of how many there are so don't dilly dally if you fancy it

Ianigsy

Well the last pacer tour was sold through the Intercity website and I really don't think they would fit on any of the other sites so I think its a fair bet thats where they will be, but where to go next Cumbrian coast, or Matlock mybee?? Where would you want to go?
There could be a market for through trips to rail-connected preserved lines- say Crewe-Warrington-Manchester-Heywood-Rawtenstall or to the likes of Ravenglass or Blaenau Ffestiniog.

Iskra

Established Member
There could be a market for through trips to rail-connected preserved lines- say Crewe-Warrington-Manchester-Heywood-Rawtenstall or to the likes of Ravenglass or Blaenau Ffestiniog.
They previously advertised a Deltic picking up at Sheffield I believe and heading to the Severn Valley Railway, but this got cancelled, presumably due to low bookings.

Masboroughlad

Established Member
Brilliant. Managed to get tix on the Inverness weekender after all. Obviously selling well. Should be a great weekend.

Bill57p9

The tour to Ayr obviously has to go via Glasgow Central, it would be nice if it went via Wishaw one way not that the website doesn't show anything to that detail, I really fhink LSL are missing a trick here they could do a tour using one of their AC fleet going via Manchester Airport and or up through Salford crescent,Bolton and Horwich I'm sure that would get bums on seats instead of just tramping up th WCML again
Definitely going via Glasgow Central as passengers have the option of longer in Glasgow, rather than doing the Ayr run.

Oh, and don't forget that there is still no indication of when Ayr station will reopen.

james60059

Or maybe somewhere from the Midlands to maybe Minehead on the WSR? - have a day by the sea too. Went there a fair few years back behind a pair of Class 31's in the days of Intercity Merrymaker (2006 iirc) - although the train originated in Barking on that occasion 8-).

12LDA28C

Established Member
Another IC tour gone live on the website this morning - 47712 and the DBSO rake from Crewe to East Anglia on 27/28 January.

MiNi

Some excellent track on this one. Very well thought out as it's 20ish years since 47's worked over there.

Some excellent track on this one. Very well thought out as it's 20ish years since 47's worked over there.
Yep the new curve at Ipswich is a must do,travelodge already booked in Norwich, I'm sure last time I had 47s over there was a heartland tour but that was way over a decade ago. 47813? Was named at Stowmarket in during the tour i kinda remember

D6130

Established Member
The tour to Ayr obviously has to go via Glasgow Central,
Pedantically-speaking, it could avoid Glasgow Central by taking the West Street curve between Polmadie and Shields Junction....however, as it's advertised to call at Glasgow Central, it will have to do so and then reverse. Presumably it will run with a loco at either end. If - as is quite probable - Ayr station has not reopened by 13th January, what would be the chances of it going to Gourock or Wemyss bay instead? I would imagine that Largs would be too difficult to path.

Pedantically-speaking, it could avoid Glasgow Central by taking the West Street curve between Polmadie and Shields Junction....however, as it's advertised to call at Glasgow Central, it will have to do so and then reverse. Presumably it will run with a loco at either end. If - as is quite probable - Ayr station has not reopened by 13th January, what would be the chances of it going to Gourock or Wemyss bay instead? I would imagine that Largs would be too difficult to path.
Well I wouldn't be against a trundle to alloa, although that is unlikely, or Edinburgh via shotts im sure there are many things it COULD do,hopefully Ayr will get sorted by then

Iskra

Established Member
That tour to East Anglia looks fantastic, although sadly as with some of the other tours so far, I already have commitments when they are running. I am glad about the number of tours being offered though, and hope there are yet more to come.

12LDA28C

Established Member

Indeed, 47s finished on Kings Lynn services in 1990 although places like Yarmouth and Lowestoft have seen 47s on service passenger trains since the turn of the century.

That tour to East Anglia looks fantastic, although sadly as with some of the other tours so far, I already have commitments when they are running. I am glad about the number of tours being offered though, and hope there are yet more to come.

There are certainly some more tours planned next year for the 47 and DBSO rake as well as other traction.

HST43257

Established Member
Something I looked at, on February 10th the ECML looks closed between Grantham and Huntingdon. What does this mean for the class 90 west riding railtour which has provisional timings based on a clear ECML run?

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Something I looked at, on February 10th the ECML looks closed between Grantham and Huntingdon. What does this mean for the class 90 west riding railtour which has provisional timings based on a clear ECML run?
it will have to divert or run on a different day! Suspect the later

1Q18

Well hopefully they will change the traction too, a 86/87 top and tail will definitely be more attractive than a skoda
And pigs might. Surely the only reason the traction would be changed as a result of this issue would be to enable the tour to run with a diesel via a diversionary route.

Its now been moved to Friday the 9th