• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

22nd February - Roadmap out of the pandemic, lifting of restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristiang85

Established Member
Indeed.

I'm just thinking that those that are open outdoors are likely to suffer with the bad weather as is, whilst an announcement now would also allow the others to get an extra weekend of trade.

Yes, we were planning a walk in outer London via a couple of pubs this weekend, but the weather looks horrendous so we probably won't bother. Normally we would just go to the pub anyway, but I don't fancy drowning....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Yes, we were planning a walk in outer London via a couple of pubs this weekend, but the weather looks horrendous so we probably won't bother. Normally we would just go to the pub anyway, but I don't fancy drowning....

And all because we're sticking to dates, not data !

VauxhallandI

Established Member
Just be careful that you don't leave any room for doubt - there's the story of one would be ballot spoiler who drew phalluses in all except one of the boxes, and had it counted for that candidate.

I found writing "NOT FIT FOR OFFICE" in block capitals diagonally across my council election postal ballot last week quite cathartic...
Yes I've just been and it was quite satisfying writing a note!

In the end we had three votes to cast and two of them had the independent chap on it so he got a cross for both.

It was funny as they gave me two slips for one of the votes, I wasn't naughty enough to use both.

It was also refreshing not to get a single request about masks in there either; at least these people know what their job descriptions are.

Purple Orange

On Moderation
Yes I've just been and it was quite satisfying writing a note!

In the end we had three votes to cast and two of them had the independent chap on it so he got a cross for both.

It was funny as they gave me two slips for one of the votes, I wasn't naughty enough to use both.

It was also refreshing not to get a single request about masks in there either; at least these people know what their job descriptions are.

How often do you get asked to wear a mask generally? I can’t remember the last time I spotted someone not wearing a mask in a shop, but plenty with half-on and half-off. Perhaps I’ve zoned the none-mask wearers out. Seen a lady the other day who pulled her mask down to write a text message, which seemed a bizarre thing to do.

VauxhallandI

Established Member
How often do you get asked to wear a mask generally? I can’t remember the last time I spotted someone not wearing a mask in a shop, but plenty with half-on and half-off. Perhaps I’ve zoned the none-mask wearers out. Seen a lady the other day who pulled her mask down to write a text message, which seemed a bizarre thing to do.
Not often but then again I only go to three places now thanks to the hassle.

Bakery
Supermarket
Post Office

Thats my life. Luckily I'm a rememberable figure and I did all my homework with these places HQ's before I went in so I was armed with emails. What a wonderful world

Purple Orange

On Moderation
Not often but then again I only go to three places now thanks to the hassle.

Bakery
Supermarket
Post Office

Thats my life. Luckily I'm a rememberable figure and I did all my homework with these places HQ's before I went in so I was armed with emails. What a wonderful world
So you don’t wear a mask to those places?

takno

Established Member
I don't get asked, but primarily because I don't go in shops at all. Voting isn't optional in quite the same way - I considered getting a postal vote, but decided that this particular once a year-or-so activity was too important to me to hide away and depend on the hugely unreliable post office for.

Ediswan

Established Member
Not sure what a spoil is I guess its just a big black cross across the whole page

The guidance for Parliamentary elections is here, what you suggest would work:
https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/sites/default/files/pdf_file/UKPE-doubtfuls-booklet.pdf
I doubt the quidance for other elections is much different, if any

This booklet is designed to assist (Acting) Returning Officers ((A)ROs) in adjuicating doubtful ballots at UK Parliementary elections.

bengley

Established Member
I was going to draw a willy across my ballot paper but I've decided not to even bother doing that. I'm not wasting my time.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I moved discussion on alcohol deaths into a new thread: https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/alcohol-deaths-highest-in-20-years.217055/

If anyone wants to discuss ways to spoil ballots today please use the existing thread on Super Thursday: https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/super-thursday-elections-2021.216132/unread

Otherwise in view of the fact this one has become a bit of a "master thread" we have decided this thread will be locked. There are plenty of alternative threads so please continue any meaningful discussion in a suitable one (or create one if not covered elsewhere). Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.