• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

313121 now in Network Rail yellow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Monty

Established Member

starrymarkb

Established Member
Level 2 or 3 are in cab signalling. Level 2 uses existing track circuits to track the train with commands sent by radio. Level 3 is a GPS based Moving Block with the train reporting its position by radio back to the signalling centre

Nym

Established Member
Level 2 doesn't require lineside signals but can be overlayed with them.

From the lecture at the IET, the vehicles are fitted with ERTMS/ETCS Level 3

Manchester77

Established Member
interesting how they're not planning on implementing it on the WCML I'd have thought they would as it would add extra capacity

Nym

Established Member
From the looks of the presentation, it's being implimented with higher priorities where re-signalling is required soon anyway.

anthony263

Established Member
interesting how they're not planning on implementing it on the WCML I'd have thought they would as it would add extra capacity

Yes but it would cause disruption and we cant that on the west coast mainline can we? :D

The Great Western is due for re signalling from 2016 which could help provide much needed extra capacity between Reading & London Paddington.

Class377/5

Established Member

It's part of the Thameslink Programme works to have ATO introduced in fives years time in the Core. Handly located not far from one of the new class 700 depots for the commissioning of the ATO on them prior to 24tph peak service.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Still could happen though.

Seems rather pointless. Why are 42" HD screens needed?

because Xzibit has been involved. Not mentioned: the lowered suspension, the external monitors underneath the body, the bowling ball washing machine or the hot tub.

Searle

Established Member
What section of the Loop Line will this be running on, and will passengers be allowed on it? It's my local line, I'll hopefully look forward to seeing it there sometime :D

MCR247

Established Member
Well obviously passengers won't be let on a Network Rail Test train

barrykas

Established Member
Is it just me, or does the knob for switching control of the test track signalling from Kings Cross to Hitchin and back (as seen here) appear to be rather over-engineered?

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
Lol at pimp my train ride! With the work being done at wolverton I was wondering if it was West Coast Customs who won the contract! XD

Aictos

Established Member
What section of the Loop Line will this be running on, and will passengers be allowed on it? It's my local line, I'll hopefully look forward to seeing it there sometime :D

The Northbound (Down line) between Hertford North and Bragley End will be used as the test facility, note in the peaks it will not be in use.

Everything is timetabled to be signed off and in use by July, that was from senior FCC management involved with the project.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Is it just me, or does the knob for switching control of the test track signalling from Kings Cross to Hitchin and back (as seen here) appear to be rather over-engineered?

It should have had two separate key slots, with each key needing to be turned simultaneously - while having been down in a bunker with retina scans, fingerprint detection, armed guards etc...

Aictos

Established Member
It should have had two separate key slots, with each key needing to be turned simultaneously - while having been down in a bunker with retina scans, fingerprint detection, armed guards etc...

Been watching Goldeneye recently then???

Anon Mouse

Established Member
Any reason why its not being re-numbered into the class 930 range?

Looks good, never thought I would actually want to take a snap of a 313! :)

Crossover

Established Member

Maybe it is intended to be like one of those "big red buttons" that everyone just wants to press, even though it says not to :D

ert47

Still could happen though.

Seems rather pointless. Why are 42" HD screens needed?

In train entertainment. You can watch movies while cruising at an altitude around 1.1 metres.

attachment.php

^ amateur artist impression

Attachments

• inflight entertainment.jpg
    inflight entertainment.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 258

jon0844

Veteran Member
In train entertainment. You can watch movies while cruising at an altitude around 1.1 metres.

attachment.php

^ amateur artist impression

Is that the train stuck outside Cambridge because of a red signal? Once again, I see a distinct lack of information to explain the delay.... ;)

HSTEd

Veteran Member
In all seriousness, 42" HD screens are almost as cheap as more reasonably sized conventional ones.

Its probably a sourcing thing.

fgwrich

Established Member
Lol at pimp my train ride! With the work being done at wolverton I was wondering if it was West Coast Customs who won the contract! XD

Lol, unfortunatly not. Some work was carried out at Wolverton, but it looks like the main conversion works being undertaken by Alstom in Wembley - any custom shops around there?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.