• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

49€ Ticket to come and worry about slashing rail services

Status
Not open for further replies.

island

Veteran Member
How many people have got this ticket? Was it easy for you? I have mine (Mainzer Mobilität app) and will be using it in a few days time. Incidentally, the DB navigator reverted to English when I was checking a timetable and offered me a Deutschlandticket! It also said due to current demand the booking system may not work properly.
I have what is apparently a ticket in the mobil.NRW app, though I have not been charged for it yet.
It does seem now to be actively promoted to tourists
I expect the cancellation procedure will vex said tourists!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

duesselmartin

Established Member
I was charged on Friday with DVG Duisburg.
Not seen an active tourist promotion to be honest except for locals to explore their region.

Seehof

Is it definite that no matter how you buy it, you have to cancel it by the 10th of the previous month? The Mainzer Mobilität app does not mention a cutoff date. I don’t like the idea of cancelling the ticket when I want to use it for a further week

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Is it definite that no matter how you buy it, you have to cancel it by the 10th of the previous month? The Mainzer Mobilität app does not mention a cutoff date. I don’t like the idea of cancelling the ticket when I want to use it for a further week
Other retailers allow you to cancel it later than this.

Flying Snail

Established Member

You will be cancelling the subscription, starting with the next months ticket. You have already bought and been provided with the May ticket.

rvdborgt

You can change the language back to German in the app settings, otherwise it'll anglify the town names which could be problematic
Where in the DB Navigator app would that be? I've never been able to find such an option and have reverted to manipulate Android's language settings to get the app in German, instead of in translated form.

Where in the DB Navigator app would that be? I've never been able to find such an option and have reverted to manipulate Android's language settings to get the app in German, instead of in translated form.
In the phone settings there is a list of apps, and you can choose the language for each app from there.

Jamesrob637

Established Member
So has the ticket made trains busier? I suppose with today having been Feiertag, we'll only see the truer picture tomorrow onwards.

duesselmartin

Established Member
So has the ticket made trains busier? I suppose with today having been Feiertag, we'll only see the truer picture tomorrow onwards.
On my section in the Ruhr it seems to be just the usual commuters. Mind you, a disruption in Dortmund muddled things up a bit ( trains running random delays and diverted).

johncrossley

Established Member
It was mentioned on Euronews this morning that millions already have the ticket. Obviously many if not most of them will be previous season ticket holders who have switched.

Status
Not open for further replies.