• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Greater Anglia Class 755s (Regional Trains)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dk1

Veteran Member
745 availability must be dire if there aren't enough servicable for even an hourly service.
It is half hourly for some of the day. Up road as well as the basic hourly service other 745s depart Norwich 05:30, 06:45, 09:30, 10:30, 11:30, 14:30, 15:30 & 16:30. Only four required for the Stansted Express right now. Things would not be good if it wasn't for the current restrictions though

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/P06277/2020-11-24 It departed LST and is on time.
Looks like the first 755 made it there in passenger service. Not even a trolley available?
Staff would not be prepared to work it due to issues with social distancing.

If they do start running in pairs regularly will they start running down to Liv St more often

BrettSy96

5Q38 ran today with 755424+755418. This then ran 5Q39 to Norwich TC calling at all station.

What was the point in running that service with two 755’s? Was one out of use as it would be too long for all the stations!

dk1

Veteran Member
They would never be allowed to run in regular service in pairs down the East Suffolk. Purely for emergency rescue only. Multiple units planned for the main line timetable later this or early next year but not dividing or attatching en route.

They would never be allowed to run in regular service in pairs down the East Suffolk. Purely for emergency rescue only. Multiple units planned for the main line timetable later this or early next year but not dividing or attatching en route.
What services are they planned to be?

dk1

Veteran Member
What services are they planned to be?
I can only assume the Ni90 departures from Norwich at 08:00 & 09:00 with possibly the corresponding evening returns although this does sound rather a waste of resources during the day. No details released just yet.

I can only assume the Ni90 departures from Norwich at 08:00 & 09:00 with possibly the corresponding evening returns although this does sound rather a waste of resources during the day. No details released just yet.
Thanks

dk1

Veteran Member
Will a pair be able to deputise for a 745 now?
Yes that's fine now albeit not in multiple. Had around 60-70 on my train yesterday so social distancing not too bad with a 4-car although the 15:30 down last week had at least 150. In that case it would probably run fast to Ipswich.

Established Member
A taxi would be able to deputise now!

About 200 taxis would have been needed for the 16.30 Liverpool St to Norwich (745/1) the other week, admittedly during the Ingatestone land slip when services were severely reduced.

Plenty of spare capacity in the 755 fleet, where as the 745 fleet is tight for when, one day, normal service is resumed, so no doubt 755s will be a frequent sight at Liverpool St.

RailWonderer

Established Member
A taxi would be able to deputise now!
My 17:30 down last week was full and standing. Although now with the land slip over one minibus diagram would suffice, but capacity limited to 1 passenger due to social distancing.

Another question, and maybe this is for the diagrams thread, but would it be possible to see 755s on Ipswich - Liverpool St stoppers provided the diagram started and ended at Ipswich? Drivers and crews would sign them, in case a 720 was not available.

dk1

Veteran Member
My 17:30 down last week was full and standing. Although now with the land slip over one minibus diagram would suffice, but capacity limited to 1 passenger due to social distancing.

Another question, and maybe this is for the diagrams thread, but would it be possible to see 755s on Ipswich - Liverpool St stoppers provided the diagram started and ended at Ipswich? Drivers and crews would sign them, in case a 720 was not available.
There is no reason why not as long as the driver signs them. All Ipswich drivers would as do most Colchester drivers. I'm not sure about Ilford but ex-Anglia Liverpool St drivers had an agreement that they only sign 745s. I'm not sure if any 755s operate in passenger service without a guard. Certainly none on my patch.

Dave1987

On Moderation
755’s work DOO Ipswich to Colchester on the Peterborough services that start and finish at Colchester. 745’s can operate DOO south of Ipswich in service if it was required as well.

LowLevel

Established Member
Just seen a pair of 755s heading north for near Harling Road, I assume one is a demic.

LowLevel

Established Member
Units are being tripped to Coldham Lane for fuel due to issues at Crown Point. Both would be powering.

That would make sense - saw the 1441 arrival from Stansted at Norwich was caped due to a fault so put two and two together and made 5 it seems!

Established Member
That would make sense - saw the 1441 arrival from Stansted at Norwich was caped due to a fault so put two and two together and made 5 it seems!
Almost certain thats exactly what is was. Ely-Norwich VSTP with demic which had collapsed on 1233 Norwich-Stansted requiring rescue from Thetford.

Last edited: