• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Greater Anglia Trainee Drivers (Mainline and Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevieoz

Hello all

I have applied for the trainee driver position but I have not received a 'score' for this. Is it because I have applied for trainee driver instead of trainee depot driver?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jellybabyj

I applied and was unsuccessful :( I scored 59 in my application and I have asked for feed back on where I went wrong.

hopefully they will give pointers on how to improve etc but if people are saying the pass rate is roughly 60 I was so close lol

stevieoz

Hello all

I have applied for the trainee driver position but I have not received a 'score' for this. Is it because I have applied for trainee driver instead of trainee depot driver?

Sorry I have logged in and my score says 65, hope I made it.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I applied and was unsuccessful :( I scored 59 in my application and I have asked for feed back on where I went wrong.

hopefully they will give pointers on how to improve etc but if people are saying the pass rate is roughly 60 I was so close lol

Have they sent you notification of this or does it show when you log in?

jellybabyj

Sorry I have logged in and my score says 65, hope I made it.

Have they sent you notification of this or does it show when you log in?

Says it on top of my application form and I got a message saying I was unsecsesful email

So
If u not reciVed any email saying Ya not passed shortlisting then hopefuly ya got through

Dave1987

On Moderation
Both have been pulled! Clearly plenty of interest for both as usual.

Bob_Andrews

Evening all. I just had to register an account to say that what SPADTrap has posted simply is not true. Sure the academy was busy on Wednesday, what with the three current trainee drivers courses and a week induction for new starters, but there were NO driver assessments that day.

Best of luck to all with the applications and you will hear in due course.

SPADTrap

Established Member
Evening all. I just had to register an account to say that what SPADTrap has posted simply is not true. Sure the academy was busy on Wednesday, what with the three current trainee drivers courses and a week induction for new starters, but there were NO driver assessments that day.

Best of luck to all with the applications and you will hear in due course.

There were assessments for something..!

If they weren't drivers one of them lied to me, just saying what they said to me. If I am mistaken then I am most flattered you created an account to correct me! Welcome to the forums :)

As the creator of the thread my only intentions are to help people!

Last edited:

Bob_Andrews

Then be helpful then! They were there for conductor assessments.

Please don't be flattered, I created the account to be helpful to others. Imagine if your hopes had seemingly been dashed by your post, which you now freely admit was based on hear say.

Johncleesefan

So he got his wires crossed. Who doesn't from time to time. Maybe u should politely correct him rather than rip into him

SPADTrap

Established Member
Then be helpful then! They were there for conductor assessments.

Please don't be flattered, I created the account to be helpful to others. Imagine if your hopes had seemingly been dashed by your post, which you now freely admit was based on hear say.

Ahh conductor assessments. Thanks for that. Should I issue a public apology now..? :razz:

Last edited:

DunfordBridge

Have any of the other members been invited for assessment? I have an invite for next week. The only problem is that the practice material would not open due to a lack of a file extension.

After a little experimentation, I got round this by renaming the file to give it a .docx extension. Thought this hint may be of benefit to other members if they are having the same problem as it saves an email to personnel, there is not a great deal of time to practice in any case.

jellybabyj

Have any of the other members been invited for assessment? I have an invite for next week. The only problem is that the practice material would not open due to a lack of a file extension.

After a little experimentation, I got round this by renaming the file to give it a .docx extension. Thought this hint may be of benefit to other members if they are having the same problem as it saves an email to personnel, there is not a great deal of time to practice in any case.

hello there sorry if I seem to be nosy but what did you score on your application part ????

as I need to see how far I was off from being invited to the assessment stage

kind regards

DunfordBridge

hello there sorry if I seem to be nosy but what did you score on your application part ????

as I need to see how far I was off from being invited to the assessment stage

kind regards

Do not mind at all, my score was 65. That was one of the attractions of applying as there was an indicator of the quality of the application.

What bothers me however is the possibility that stages 1 and 2 may be combined into the same day. Does anyone know anything about this?

jellybabyj

Do not mind at all, my score was 65. That was one of the attractions of applying as there was an indicator of the quality of the application.

What bothers me however is the possibility that stages 1 and 2 may be combined into the same day. Does anyone know anything about this?

thank you dunford i have left u a pm on your profile hope you don't mind look forward to your reply

kind regards jay roach

387star

On Moderation
I'm attending just for the DFFT as past everything else to their standards

signalgreen

Hi, does anyone have any information on what a typical depot drivers shift pattern looks like and the average salary is please?

DmanPoppet

For Abellio GA it's around £25000 with Sunday's outside the working week. Shifts vary from mornings to afternoons to nights. It's a 24 hour operation.
8 weeks on, 2 weeks off. You get the occasional rest day during the 8 weeks also.
Scope to work rest days and Sunday's to increase pay packet.
With regards to the above it does vary depot to depot. And other TOCs would also be different, usually paying more but not having a progression line direct to mainline.

signalgreen

For Abellio GA it's around £25000 with Sunday's outside the working week. Shifts vary from mornings to afternoons to nights. It's a 24 hour operation.
8 weeks on, 2 weeks off. You get the occasional rest day during the 8 weeks also.
Scope to work rest days and Sunday's to increase pay packet.
With regards to the above it does vary depot to depot. And other TOCs would also be different, usually paying more but not having a progression line direct to mainline.

Thanks Dman. appreciate this.

stevieoz

congratulations DunfordBridge, I also scored 65 although I have not heard anything thus far.

Perhaps should have applied for depot driver instead of mainline?

SPADTrap

Established Member

Multi Modal Interviews are done on a different day subject to passing stage 1.

DunfordBridge

Multi Modal Interviews are done on a different day subject to passing stage 1.

Thanks SPADTrap, you are more efficient than the personnel department. Would be a bonus if they could have supplied timely information. Works both ways because as a railway professional, you would be expected to do the same.
congratulations DunfordBridge, I also scored 65 although I have not heard anything thus far.

Perhaps should have applied for depot driver instead of mainline?

Thanks stevieoz. Pure conjecture on my part but I am guessing that the mainline job attracted more interest so they had to raise the threshold for the application score of the mainline job in order to keep the numbers manageable.

387star

On Moderation
Dunfordbridge how did your assessment go or did you not attend?

Any idea when courses will start I'm waiting on final interview

MrT

For those interested. If you want to be considered for mord than onw position, just use a different email address. Also I'm told that a course is dur to start in April.

SPADTrap

Established Member
For those interested. If you want to be considered for mord than onw position, just use a different email address. Also I'm told that a course is dur to start in April.

Or not, if you want a job!

MrT

Or not, if you want a job!

Please don't comment, if its just to be rude! If you really want the job, you'll apply to as many vacancies possible (within reason- location etc). Theres no point in missing an opp. If you want to go driving, you will surely happily apply for both depot & mainline. I did!! And was sent for assessments!

SPADTrap

Established Member
Please don't comment, if its just to be rude! If you really want the job, you'll apply to as many vacancies possible (within reason- location etc). Theres no point in missing an opp. If you want to go driving, you will surely happily apply for both depot & mainline. I did!! And was sent for assessments!

Don't give terrible advice about cheating the companies' recruitment system that you want to work for so much then! Depot and mainline are VERY different jobs, pick the one you want and apply for that.

Last edited:

MrT

Don't give terrible advice about cheating the companies' recruitment system that you want to work for so much then! Depot and mainline are VERY different jobs.

I know they are, but both new when you are a new candidate. I dont see it as terrible advice, nor cheating. I'm sure I wouldn't be considered for a position, if that were the case. I take it you are already a driver for AGA?

Status
Not open for further replies.