• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

All Class 14x units to be withdrawn by end of 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WatcherZero

Established Member
ATOC today released a report completley altruistic with the best interests of the passenger at heart and no profit motive....

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Bah, I've heard better today. This one didn't really make sense either, nothing to replace the Pacer fleet with so how could it be done?

Mind you, I'm no fan of April Fools anyway. Don't see the point.

Ivo

Established Member
Bah, I've heard better today. This one didn't really make sense either, nothing to replace the Pacer fleet with so how could it be done?

Mind you, I'm no fan of April Fools anyway. Don't see the point.

It's just the principle of knowing that Pacers would have been destroyed. I could get in a lot of trouble for this, but I would rather have three an hour (not four) each way if it would mean a guaranteed lack of Pacers. And it's not as though they never come to our area, one was running at about 17:30 yesterday afternoon!

Death

Established Member
Well...If Northern or Merseyrail ever wanted to get shot of their 142's, I'd definitely take a few on! :shock:

Not only are they ripe for conversion to BRT and other omnibus based use, there's also a dead bay platform at Farnborough which could be turned into a handy parking area with just a small bit of knackered p-way from replacement works elsewhere! :D

Pacer or no...If I could get hold of almost any rail vehicle and open the entire network up for my personal/private use, I wouldn't say no irrespective of the class involved! <D

Status
Not open for further replies.