• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Rail London - Trainee Driver - New Cross Gate / Willesden (19/06/23)

Adam-King

Which day did you attend, and how many candidates for arriva rail was sitting the tests with you?

And anyone know what the proposed train date was for this year, was it for September or November for New Cross gate
I went Tuesday, there was 4 at the beginning and then 2 of us at the end.

No idea about the date for training to start, but there was an email saying second part of this year

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

moonie95

I did mine Tuesday, started off 4 people and ended up with 2 by the end. How about your day?

I got the email about the day 2 assessment and they said second part of the year, but haven’t heard about specific dates to start training
I had mine on Thursday, we had 4 people come in the morning and down to 3 for interviews.

moonie95

Hi everyone!
Just an update, received an email an hour ago stating I’ve passed all the OPC assessments and MMI and now through to the DMI stage! I’m so happy you don’t understand, crying with tears right now! No dates for DMI yet but it says in the next few months.

Adam-King

Hi everyone!
Just an update, received an email an hour ago stating I’ve passed all the OPC assessments and MMI and now through to the DMI stage! I’m so happy you don’t understand, crying with tears right now! No dates for DMI yet but it says in the next few months.
Hey amazing news! Congratulations.
You should be so proud.
I still haven’t heard anything, who sent you the email?

moonie95

You should be so proud.
Hey, it was the lady from recruitment for Arriva Rail. The one who sent emails to book in all the assessments

You should be so proud.
Hopefully you get an update soon

Adam-King

Hey, it was the lady from recruitment for Arriva Rail. The one who sent emails to book in all the assessments

Hopefully you get an update soon
Yeah I’m getting more nervous as the days tick down, especially as I sat the day 2 on Tuesday.
Let’s hope soon lol

Kse

There's never an exact number, its down to business needs.

E.g they may have wanted 10 drivers to begin with, then vacancies have arisen at othet depots so current nxg drivers have transferred out. Now they might need 20 drivers.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
There's never an exact number, its down to business needs.

E.g they may have wanted 10 drivers to begin with, then vacancies have arisen at othet depots so current nxg drivers have transferred out. Now they might need 20 drivers.

Indeed. They may also want to do something like top up a talent pool by 1 or 5, depending on various circumstances and workforce planning discussions.

Kelki

Hi everyone!
Well done! We know the feeling!

Indeed. They may also want to do something like top up a talent pool by 1 or 5, depending on various circumstances and workforce planning discussions.
Arriva have no talent pools as far as I know.

spellbound330

Well done! We know the feeling!

It says on their website you could be placed in a talent pool for future recruitment. I wonder if this is a new thing, or if they’ve just put it there to look the same as other brands like Chiltern.

Attachments

• IMG_1059.jpeg
    IMG_1059.jpeg
    398.6 KB · Views: 26

Business Bob

When I had my DMI in 2019, I did ask about a talent pool but was told they dont keep one.

Didnt it happen that all those in the previous campaign who were awaiting DMIs and heard nothing had to reapply again for this campaign?

Kelki

When I had my DMI in 2019, I did ask about a talent pool but was told they dont keep one.

Didnt it happen that all those in the previous campaign who were awaiting DMIs and heard nothing had to reapply again for this campaign?
As did I.

Adam-King

Yeah same. Was hoping it was a typo and they meant weeks
lol yeah same, but I remember when the email for stage 2 came out after we passed stage 1, they said second part of the year training should start. So think it’s just a waiting game.
Do you know how many people passed stage 2?

SLR

No- no idea. But I know there are people from the last recruitment drive as well. So I’m guessing quite a few