• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Rail London - Trainee Driver - New Cross Gate / Willesden (19/06/23)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MO12110

Any idea on when arriva will next recruit for the trainee role as I am waiting to apply for it?

Business Bob

Any idea on when arriva will next recruit for the trainee role as I am waiting to apply for it?
I imagine there'll be a drive again in the near future. As it stands there is 3 course's currently planned for 2025. This is all subject to change though.

Filly88

Cheers adam!

So I've done the interview, it went alright luckily didnt get too tongue tied but obviously have to wait and see now, fingers crossed!

Last edited:

SLR

Cheers adam!

So I've done the interview, it went alright luckily didnt get too tongue tied but obviously have to wait and see now, fingers crossed!
I’m pleased to see that you have removed your last post detailing the questions you were asked in your interview today. While I don’t doubt that your intentions were good, what you’ve actually done is provide a ginormous advantage for those people yet to have their interview over those who have already done theirs. Anyone quick enough will have seen and screen shot your post. I have just been sent that screen shot myself. There is now no reason for anyone who has seen it to not give amazingly comprehensive answers, thus making this very unfair.

Twotwo

I’m pleased to see that you have removed your last post detailing the questions you were asked in your interview today. While I don’t doubt that your intentions were good, what you’ve actually done is provide a ginormous advantage for those people yet to have their interview over those who have already done theirs. Anyone quick enough will have seen and screen shot your post. I have just been sent that screen shot myself. There is now no reason for anyone who has seen it to not give amazingly comprehensive answers, thus making this very unfair.

Sorry but this is actually rubbish. All the MMI questions are here. All the tests are in great detail here. Some people have access to both and still fail so don't worry yourself too much about others.

Also most of the questions he posted are questions you would expect for a train driver role so I don't believe he has put anyone to a great disadvantage.

Samzino

Established Member
Knowing how to answer a question ahead of time doesn't actually help most people when actually sat infront of a Driver Manager and one other individual. You still need an ability to convey and hold nerves when questioned in certain ways, interviewers have seen it all and will have ways to spot over rehersed interviewees.

moonie95

Hi, anyone able to login to application portal page? For some reason my login to DB portal page for this job is not working

PK96

I wouldn't be surprised if all applications are thrown to the side and a new process starts. Especially as they no longer are part of DB.

greatkingrat

Established Member
They are in the middle of arranging DM interviews at the moment so I think it is very unlikely they would just abandon everything and start again from scratch

Business Bob

Today was the last of this rounds DMIs. They wouldnt have updated your portal as of yet either so I wouldnt worry about that. You should be able to access it through the ARL website now.

moonie95

Today was the last of this rounds DMIs. They wouldnt have updated your portal as of yet either so I wouldnt worry about that. You should be able to access it through the ARL website now.
Was today the last day of interviews? I thought there was some more next week

adrsanda

I just had my DM interview today and they said they have more people to interview, so there are more interviews left for them to do

Business Bob

Nice, hopefully good new! I wonder how many positions are available for this New Cross depot training start date? @Business Bob @greatkingrat any ideas about the numbers?
My information was 5 vacancies for a Sept NXG course, 8 vacancies for a planned January 2025 Willesden course. The January course maybe why the DMIs are still on going, but again I was told DMIs were 3,5,7,10,12,14 June and only 23 passed the stage 2 assessments. There are 2 more courses planned for 2025 but again this could be subject to change.

moonie95

My information was 5 vacancies for a Sept NXG course, 8 vacancies for a planned January 2025 Willesden course. The January course maybe why the DMIs are still on going, but again I was told DMIs were 3,5,7,10,12,14 June and only 23 passed the stage 2 assessments. There are 2 more courses planned for 2025 but again this could be subject to change.
Oh thanks, hopefully more positions for training dates open up

Anyone received updates of passing the DMI?

Last edited:

moonie95

People should have heard back this week but I've heard the course's are uncertain atm.
Heard back this week and I’m so chuffed to let you guys know I’ve passed the DMI. The September or October group scheduled for this year has been cancelled, they stated that they’ll be scheduling hopefully for next year

People should have heard back this week but I've heard the course's are uncertain atm.
Any reason why you think the courses have been cancelled or the uncertainty?

Business Bob

Heard back this week and I’m so chuffed to let you guys know I’ve passed the DMI. The September or October group scheduled for this year has been cancelled, they stated that they’ll be scheduling hopefully for next year

Any reason why you think the courses have been cancelled or the uncertainty?
Yeh I heard the Sept was cancelled and the Jan is uncertain but wasnt given any reason other than its a long story :frown:

KrissKringle

Has anyone had email confirmation of their success at the interview stage? I was told I'd get an email by the end of the week to upload details on there for a talent pool as it was confirmed the September course is cancelled. But have yet to receive the email

moonie95

Has anyone had email confirmation of their success at the interview stage? I was told I'd get an email by the end of the week to upload details on there for a talent pool as it was confirmed the September course is cancelled. But have yet to receive the email
Still waiting for an email confirmation as well. Only received a call stating I passed the DMI stage.