• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti - Trainee Train Drivers - Multiple Locations (28/02/23)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

y4d344

Good evening everyone.
I got through to the next stage (Euston)
I wish everyone luck aswell

JohnL93

Good evening everyone.
I got through to the next stage (Euston)
I wish everyone luck aswell
Congratulations. Seems as though they are sending results back to Euston depot first because that’s the second person today who’s had the results back from Euston.

Mana

Congratulations. Seems as though they are sending results back to Euston depot first because that’s the second person today who’s had the results back from Euston.
Congratulations to all who's got a reply, I agree with John seems to be the case that Euston applicants from last year the other thread the same also received their notice first before everywhere else.

TootTootToot

Is there any comment on the emails for the VSE or M7 about existing passes / re-sits required for people that have already sat this?

nolypops83

I can’t, I need to unfollow this thread. I feel myself ageing a year for every minute I read it
:lol:

Do they tell you if you are not successful or only if you have passed to the next stage?
You’ll be notified either way.

Is there any comment on the emails for the VSE or M7 about existing passes / re-sits required for people that have already sat this?
No one knows for sure, best to contact OPC

TootTootToot

:lol:

You’ll be notified either way.

No one knows for sure, best to contact OPC
Yeah it does seems vague. When I sat the VSE and M7 for Freightliner late last year there was a blurb in the email about having to sit both irrespective of previous passes etc. Was just curious if that same blurb, or similar, appeared on folks emails today

Aviator88

Seriously, everyone - I know it feels like a mammoth task, but please go and read the October 2022 thread from start to finish. I've not seen a question on this thread yet that hasn't already been covered in painstaking detail next door! You'll have your pick of all the success and failure stories, as well as lots of feedback regarding tests and so on, it really is a goldmine.

AB18

Seriously, everyone - I know it feels like a mammoth task, but please go and read the October 2022 thread from start to finish. I've not seen a question on this thread yet that hasn't already been covered in painstaking detail next door! You'll have your pick of all the success and failure stories, as well as lots of feedback regarding tests and so on, it really is a goldmine.
Maybe link it in here so people see it but thanks for the tip! New to the forum so only have seen this one.

SuperS16v

Penny

What's the point of this thread then?

I think many of us who have recently applied actually just want to converse and support each other through the process, just like those who applied last year and are now further along!

Almost feels like we aren't allowed to do that without being talked down to though.

ayaz2001

i feel like we should form a WhatsApp group chat or something

I think many of us who have recently applied actually just want to converse and support each other through the process, just like those who applied last year and are now further along!

Almost feels like we aren't allowed to do that without being talked down to though.

Addy777

Someone did share their materials from how2become on here but the link has expired. i know we dont need that but some preparation will be good atleast it will help alittle anyone who's bought these mind sharing if possible thanks

Mana

i feel like we should form a WhatsApp group chat or something
I'd rather stay here cosy enough for me

It would seem a lot of people are on tenterhooks for one reason or another and it's making them fractious.
The end to end process is not a swift one and seeing people discuss things that have already been covered seems to be reawakening peoples' anxieties.

Tbf the advice of doing research and sitting tight is good, im far too busy to be refreshing my emails every minute.
I feel you, never have I refresh my mailbox that many times in one day. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Aviator88

Directing people to the relevant information will help to de-clutter this thread and make it much easier to achieve that.

The key difference is that this process was almost 'the great unknown' last time, but other people have now done the donkey work and generated a wealth of information over on the other thread. It truly is the best reading material for anybody who wants to fully understand the process!

I got my invite to the M7 and VSE yesterday afternoon. deadline 23rd but they haven't said for which depot lol I did apply for Edinburgh And Euston Though

Emz88

I got my invite to the M7 and VSE yesterday afternoon. deadline 23rd but they haven't said for which depot lol I did apply for Edinburgh And Euston Though
Well done

Morning all, anyone else waiting to hear either way who also applied to Euston Depot?

I’m intrigued as to how you were able to apply for 2 different depots that are 400 miles apart? I could have applied for 2 but I was told not to by Avanti as this could affect my application.

Dean.C

Well done

Morning all, anyone else waiting to hear either way who also applied to Euston Depot?
Morning,

First timer on the forum, and wading my way through all the content, but I’ve not heard yet. Fingers Crossed and Good Luck to everyone.

nolypops83

The problem is people are repeatedly asking the same questions, many of which have been answered on this thread, some of which can't be answered and just require a bit of patience.