• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti - Trainee Train Drivers - Multiple Locations (28/02/23)

Crotheram

I wouldn't assume that, no news is good news! I've been pretty lucky at hearing quickly but I think it's just luck of the draw. Maybe it's availability of stage 2 assessments? Only the OPC understand the OPC unfortunately!
I hope so! Cheers mate never thought of that. Need to stop refreshing email every hour lol

Don't assume mate, you don't know yet! You might have passed and just waiting for the email. I noticed how varied the times are, for example received news of passing VSE/M7 after 13 days and Stage 1 after 2 days.
Keeping everything crossed mate! Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gman1974

Keep your eyes open edinburgh applicants I've just received an email update. Very proud of myself so far to have passed the vse and m7 and now up to a 4 week wait for the next stage.
Good luck everyone and keep your chins up!
Well done mate, I just got the same email

Shinigami

Still not heard back so presuming I failed. Congrats anyways!!
You lot really need to stop doing this. You’ve failed when you’ve been told that you’ve failed. The amount of times I’ve seen people on the thread say “I assume I failed” for whatever reason is ridiculous. The process is long, some stages are longer than others. Just be patient. It’s super childish running to the forum to essentially throw a tantrum. Just wait patiently, you haven’t failed until you’ve been told that you have

RustyRuss

Well done mate, I just got the same email
Congratulations. Out of interest is your link to the practice materials working as mine isn't? I thought for a moment it may be because I'm using my phone but then remembered the last link they provided worked fine. I'll try on a laptop before I contact them at any rate just in case.
Crossing my fingers that a trip all the way down to Crewe won't be required either, but I guess that's down to the opc and I'll just have to budget for the time off and travel etc.

IW22

Well that's me out ,failed the VSE....no surprise their then as it didn't refresh in multiple occasions and answer buttons stayed greyed out whilst displaying "too late or out of time " errors on multiple occasions.
Complained to opc at the time and they said it was part of the test......Not .....
Anyway best of luck to everyone else hope you all do well ;)

Crotheram

You lot really need to stop doing this. You’ve failed when you’ve been told that you’ve failed. The amount of times I’ve seen people on the thread say “I assume I failed” for whatever reason is ridiculous. The process is long, some stages are longer than others. Just be patient. It’s super childish running to the forum to essentially throw a tantrum. Just wait patiently, you haven’t failed until you’ve been told that you have
Sorry if posts like this offend you or frustrate you. If it’s a common thing that comes up, it might imply it’s completely natural to worry over something you care about. I don’t go on these forums often and wasn’t even aware that the process can differ and be lengthy etc. Actually helped posting on here as people have shared experiences, been supported and been informative. Staying positive

Harvinder

Sorry if posts like this offend you or frustrate you. If it’s a common thing that comes up, it might imply it’s completely natural to worry over something you care about. I don’t go on these forums often and wasn’t even aware that the process can differ and be lengthy etc. Actually helped posting on here as people have shared experiences, been supported and been informative. Staying positive
Don't worry you will pass 100%. Staying positive is the best way to go, your doing your mind and body a favour. We will always help you.

Gman1974

Congratulations. Out of interest is your link to the practice materials working as mine isn't? I thought for a moment it may be because I'm using my phone but then remembered the last link they provided worked fine. I'll try on a laptop before I contact them at any rate just in case.
Crossing my fingers that a trip all the way down to Crewe won't be required either, but I guess that's down to the opc and I'll just have to budget for the time off and travel etc.
Hi mate, no my link for the practise material isn't working either, I've emailed them to let them know ow.

pmc88

Edinburgh applicant here, passed the M7 but unfortunately failed the VSE. Didn’t think I done the absolute worst on the VSE, but it just goes to show you don’t really know until that email comes through. Best of luck to everyone else in your applications!
Sorry to hear that I am sure you will pass next time. Just curious did you notice how many you got wrong on the VSE at the time for each stage

SGriffin

Anyone who applied for Euston and went to the assessment day last Thursday check your emails, just got my invite to the next stage, over the moon! Good luck to everyone.

Gc85

Good to see more movement for certain stations. Is it just Polmadie waiting for the vse and j7 emails then?

SLR

Hi everyone, Euston applicant here. I was at stage 1 in Watford last Thursday and I just got an invite to stage 2 next month. So excited!! Good luck to the rest of you.

Thanks when is everybody's next date mine is 22nd of may
15th of may for me

Last edited:

Gman1974

I emailed them and they sent me a new link, looks like it's going to be tricky!

jdwmfc

New 6 week email.
I've passed the initial 5, now wait 6 more weeks.

I’m just writing with an update on your application to Avanti West Coast. We have reviewed your initial application and I’m pleased to inform you that you have been successful. The next stage of the process is for you to undertake some further online tests (VSE and M7).

As I have mentioned in previous correspondence, Avanti are recruiting for the whole year and therefore we are progressing applications at differing times. As such, your application is in an applicant pool, ready to be progressed when we are able to. I don’t have any timescales for this, so I ask that you bear with us and remain patient. If you do apply for this role with other organisation’s can you please let us know as this may have an impact on your application with Avanti.

Thank you for your time to date and continued interest with Avanti West Coast and we will be back in touch with you within the next 6 weeks to provide you with an update on your application.