• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast recruiting QUALIFIED DRIVER TALENT POOL ONLY at London Euston, Liverpool, Manchester, and Wolverhampton depots. (Posted 1/2-09-2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mb1234

Hi just a quick one, anyone know if there is a depot at Preston for AWC and if drivers do start or end their shift at this station

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mph9937

Through to interview in a couple weeks, you?
Congratulations Astro_Orbiter on passing your rules test.

I’m just curious on how the format of the test was done over Microsoft meets in the current climate. I wouldn’t expect you to give any clue on the questions asked but was it :-

1 - Multiple choice (i.e A,B,C,D)
2 - Face to face talking over camera with someone asking you questions.
3 - Full written exam where you have to type the answers in full
4 - Any other format taken!

Thanks in advance!

Congratulations Astro_Orbiter on passing your rules test.

I’m just curious on how the format of the test was done over Microsoft meets in the current climate. I wouldn’t expect you to give any clue on the questions asked but was it :-

1 - Multiple choice (i.e A,B,C,D)
2 - Face to face talking over camera with someone asking you questions.
3 - Full written exam where you have to type the answers in full
4 - Any other format taken!

Thanks in advance!
Sorry don’t know why it added that emoji when I clicked ‘post reply’

Sim

Hi all, had the good news yesterday I’ll be joining the holding pool for wolves, very pleased!

I understand it was a holding pool, but does anyone else have any experience of this? How long did they wait etc, or has anyone unfortunately had to re apply?

Red Devil

Training has only just resumed at Avanti. There's a full list of existing drivers to get through with their traction and route refreshers before their thoughts turn to trainees, I would think.

lammergeier

Training has only just resumed at Avanti. There's a full list of existing drivers to get through with their traction and route refreshers before their thoughts turn to trainees, I would think.
Only just resumed? What on earth have they been playing at? We've had training ongoing since I think last September or October at XC. I dread to think what the backlog would be if we had only just resumed as well

Red Devil

Only just resumed? What on earth have they been playing at? We've had training ongoing since I think last September or October at XC. I dread to think what the backlog would be if we had only just resumed as well
Yes, well within the last month or so. There was a contretemps between management and union in that an agreement would be reached over certain items and then no sooner had they got out of the door the company would renege on it.
Consequently RDW was not renewed and training not sanctioned. This has now been resolved hence recommencement.

Sim

Not heard anything since entering talent pool back in Feb. I’m waiting for Wolverhampton hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.