• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Awaiting start with TFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner4lyf94

Hi there guys,

I was just looking to see how many people on this forum are awaiting a start date with TFL and what position they will be doing?. Im waiting for a CSA 2 start with TFL, but not sure when in the future that might be now.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EDN25

had a medical in July but still haven’t heard about a start date for Train Maintainer.

KingKiev123

I'm still waiting for a medical date. Got the job offer for CSA 2 at the end of February this year. Other than an email they sent in June stating that they haven't forgotten about me I haven't heard anything.

I phoned HR yesterday to see if they've got updates. Unfortunately none so far. Even though some projects seem to be getting moving (they didn't mention any details) which could in turn mean CSA trainings will start, I highly doubt it'll be any time soon. Also where you are on the list might make the wait even longer.

2020 is just delightful :rolleyes:

Railroader22

What happens to the employees if they go bust?
No idea. They’ve been bailed out for another two weeks while negotiations continue. I think a deal will be stuck and a bailout will happen, but it makes me nervous. And I’m sure the current staff are all on tender hooks.

oz220

Im no expert on these matters but my guess is it will only be a matter of time before another bailout is agreed. it’s just what has to be sacrificed to get it. I.E larger congestion charge zone, pension, reduced t&c’s, free travel for children and elderly. No one yet knows.
and like always in these situations, it’s the working class folk that suffer the consequences when the problems are created through no fault of their own.
It will be a difficult time for everyone but it’s times like this when being in a union will be vital.

Gunner4lyf94

It must of cost them a fortune to run these training campaigns to hire us. So I'm just hoping we have a wait till they start again, rather than pulling the plug on us.

Mwc10

I called them 2 weeks ago and they said not much has changed and they awaiting for more updates. I am currently awaiting for csa2 medical for about 10months now. Looks like it is going to be a very long wait.

Gunner4lyf94

I phoned HR yesterday to see if they've got updates. Unfortunately none so far. Even though some projects seem to be getting moving (they didn't mention any details) which could in turn mean CSA trainings will start, I highly doubt it'll be any time soon. Also where you are on the list might make the wait even longer.

2020 is just delightful :rolleyes:

I had my medical in March, which feels like a lifetime ago now! I believe id be near the top of that list since I'd had my medical just before lockdown (with a training date also). Any ideas when you guys think training for this role may proceed? (just guesses) haha! Really hate that I'm stuck where I am till this all blows over.

Mwc10

I had my medical in March, which feels like a lifetime ago now! I believe id be near the top of that list since I'd had my medical just before lockdown (with a training date also). Any ideas when you guys think training for this role may proceed? (just guesses) haha! Really hate that I'm stuck where I am till this all blows over.
My feeling is most likely mid next year.

Night tube isn't coming back anytime soon so night time staff is most likely redeployed on the day shifts. There's no money to hire more staff / start training as far as I know. We're in for a long wait, more than 6 months I'd say. But I'd rather wait another 6 months than have this job just disappear.

Mwc10

Received another email today regarding recruitment for csa 2 tfl. Recruitment is currently on freeze and they can't provide a date when things will resume again, which is understandable. Unfortunately..It is going to be a long wait!

Gunner4lyf94

Received another email today regarding recruitment for csa 2 tfl. Recruitment is currently on freeze and they can't provide a date when things will resume again, which is understandable. Unfortunately..It is going to be a long wait!

Just saw this email too! it came through my junk mail so missed it haha. its so annoying knowing we were so close to starting! but as they say good things come to those who wait. Hopefully its not too long! :( , sadly I'm thinking it'll be in 2022...

Rob88

Anyone got anymore updates? I’m still waiting on medical and start for TM
How you doing mate, I’m in the same boat as you, I haven’t heard anything since August?

Still awaiting medical and start for TM

Gunner4lyf94

sorry to hear that man! just know things will get better! I'm yet to hear any updates since they last emailed me in December! I'm hopeful it will come along one day.... I just don't know when now :( could be summer... could be end of the year or even 2022 now! whats everyone else's thoughts?

Woodsy93

I called HR yesterday and the woman said the 12 month rule doesn't apply for obvious reason so hopefully that will help some of you worrying about having to reapply i dont think there's any need just sit tight and wait

Judders

I know there is people planned to start in March for TM roles, hopefully after the first load of people it will start moving more quickly. It’s just gone over the year mark for me now since accepting the job! So It’s just going to be a waiting game now...

Thanks guys! Kinda hard to keep positive these days, feels like the world's on fire. Last official communication was that email in December, other than that just rumours here and there about staff moving from station to station (either promotions or transfers). Not the best start of the year...

Mwc10

Thanks guys! Kinda hard to keep positive these days, feels like the world's on fire. Last official communication was that email in December, other than that just rumours here and there about staff moving from station to station (either promotions or transfers). Not the best start of the year...
Just received another email today regarding the CSA 2 position . They are anticipating to start some training in the middle of the year. I had to fill in a survey to confirm I am still interested in the position. Fingers crossed everyone

Gunner4lyf94

Just received another email today regarding the CSA 2 position . They are anticipating to start some training in the middle of the year. I had to fill in a survey to confirm I am still interested in the position. Fingers crossed everyone

just had the same email! I do hope it does happen for us all by then. Back in March 2020 I had my medical and was 2 days from signing the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.